To manage the Company’s external financial reporting function, ensure compliance with GAAP/SEC requirements and assist in department special projects.
- Manage/Assist in the process to file the Company’s Form 10-Q/10-K with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC). Ensure that the 10-Q/10-K meet GAAP/SEC requirements.
- Manage/Assist in process to complete the Form 10-Q/10-K XBRL & Edgar filings.
- Manage/Assist in the process to issue the Company’s earnings release and complete related analyses in connection with the quarterly analyst conference call.
- Manage/Assist in the process to file the Company’s Form 11-K with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC). Ensure that the 11-K meets GAAP/SEC requirements.
- Ensure that internal controls over the financial reporting process are in compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Assist in analyzing current/proposed accounting pronouncements for potential implications on the financial statements and propose best alternatives for the Company. Assist in the implementation of accounting standards and other such financial reporting requirements to which the Company may be subject.
- Ensure that the Company’s financial policies and procedures are current and meet GAAP/SEC requirements and are communicated and made available to all operating business units.
- Manage the process to complete the Company’s financial statements for various foundations and employee benefit plans.
- Manage the audit of the Company’s financial statements conducted by external auditors to ensure an effective and efficient process.
- Assist in the completion of ad hoc financial analyses and special projects, such as LIFO, dispositions and system conversions.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting required
- CPA required
- 5-6 years of public accounting experience with SEC experience a strong plus or 5-6 years of public /private experience and advancement to Manager level
- Extensive Knowledge of GAAP/SEC rules
- Strong supervisory skills
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, work in a team environment and work under tight time constraints
- Computer literate with experience using Microsoft Windows, MS Excel and Word
The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
The New York Times Company
- 2 years ago - save job