Title: Manager, Financial Reporting
Altisource™ is a provider of services focused on high value, knowledge-based functions principally related to real estate and mortgage portfolio management, asset recovery and customer relationship management. Utilizing integrated technology that includes decision models and behavioral based scripting engines, we provide solutions that improve our clients’ performance and maximize their returns.
Altisource™ has three primary business segments including:
Mortgage Services - Mortgage portfolio management services that span the mortgage lifecycle (e.g. origination, valuation, closing and title services, default management services, asset management and component services)
Technology Products – REALSuite of applications (residential and commercial loan servicing, loss mitigation, vendor management and electronic invoice presentment and payment software) as well as our IT infrastructure services
Financial Services - asset recovery and customer relationship management
Altisource™ is developing a reputation as the preeminent technology enabled, knowledge based provider of its services. Our focus is on leveraging technology and a global service delivery model to provide highly efficient, accurate support of the industries we service. Unique intellectual property, such as behavioral-science principles, artificial intelligence driven scripting engines and risk decision models are used to reduce performance variability and improve compliance and overall performance for Altisource™ and its clients.
The Manager, Financial Reporting position will report to the Director, Financial Reporting and is supporting the Company’s internal and external reporting function. The Manager will ensure SEC reporting on Forms 10-K and 10-Qs is completed timely and on an accurate basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE :
- Leading the preparation of all externally distributed financial reports with respect to Altisource and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Including the preparation of SEC Forms (e.g., 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, 11-K, S-3), press releases and information given to analysts and others;
- Participating in the preparation of the annual proxy statement;
- Coordinating the monthly internal reporting to management;
- Leading the monthly consolidation process;
- Assisting in the administration of the financial systems of the Company;
- Ensuring compliance with SEC reporting and other technical accounting requirements related to reporting;
- Monitoring statutory and covenant reporting requirements;
- Coordinating interactions with external and internal auditors with respect to financial reporting;
- Coordinating the reporting activities with other accounting and operations groups to assure that various reporting deadlines are met;
- Coordinating all required subsidiary reporting compliance with management, outside advisors, bankers, attorneys, etc;
- Assisting in maintaining a system of internal controls that is Sarbanes-Oxley compliant;
- Maintaining timely communication with superiors; keeping them informed of all material financial and reporting issues;
- Coordinating the reconciliation and settlement of intracompany balances in coordination with tax and treasury, after consideration of regulatory and other issues;
- Managing the Company’s equity incentive plan including maintenance of the system, preparation of monthly journal entries and quarterly disclosures; and
- Assisting with special ad-hoc projects as necessary.
KEY RESULT AREAS :
- Improve the timeliness and quality of reporting, both external and internal;
- Identification of cost improvement opportunities;
- Timely satisfaction of all compliance areas; and
- Ability to support growth initiatives of the Company while maintaining high standard of quality and effective control environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
- Minimum of 4 years experience in external financial reporting including experience in public accounting or extensive experience in technical financial reporting with a large public, multi-national company;
- Consolidation experience;
- CPA designation required;
- Strong leader with excellent communication skills that wants to make a difference in a high-growth environment;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities; and
- Experience with Dynamics accounting systems preferred.
Altisource - 15 months ago
Financial firms needing outsourced services can now turn to Altisource. The company, spun off from Ocwen Financial in 2009, primarily...