A. PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Manager of Financial Reporting will be responsible for preparation of periodic filings with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission including quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and annual reports on Form 10-K; preparation, analysis and review of periodic and quarterly financial statements and footnotes; perform accounting research as required and liaison with divisions on accounting and financial reporting issues; responsible for periodic filing of government statistical reports; prepare and review ad hoc requests for Senior Management.
B. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
1. Responsible for supervising one or more senior corporate reporting analysts
2. Significant interaction with Dole's operating divisions worldwide, corporate office departments (accounting, legal, tax and treasury) and external auditors
3. Support various special projects (acquisition, divestitures, equity and debt offerings, annual review of goodwill/intangible assets)
4. Prepare and review financial analysis using Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and HFM-retrieve applications
A. COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
1. Advanced knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP, SEC reporting requirements and financial statement analysis required
2. Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
3. Ability to effectively manage, plan and prioritize multiple projects in order to meet tight deadlines
4. Produce high quality, accurate work
5. Strong analytical and technical skills as well as strong organizational skills required.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of corporate and divisional management required.
7. Second language, particularly Spanish, preferred.
8. Strong attention to detail, ability to resolve problems and work well both independently and in a team environment.
9. Develop and mentor direct reports.
10. Strong planning/organizing/scheduling skills and experience
B. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. BS/BA in Accounting or Business/Economics is required
2. Current CPA is required
3. 7+ years of combined public accounting and private industry experience
4. 2+ years of SEC reporting experience required
5. 2+ years of experience using HFM and web-based financial reporting applications preferred.
C. EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: One or more senior corporate reporting analysts
D. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or move up to 15 pounds.
E. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS Minimal, if any.