The Manager, Financial Reporting position is responsible for supporting the financial statement consolidation of MedImmune's legal entities and reporting financial results in Hyperion to its parent company, AstraZeneca. The position will also perform duties that help ensure MedImmune's compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
This position reports to the Director, Financial Reporting and will include extensive interaction with the MedImmune Finance Business Support Teams, which are finance functions that support MedImmune's operations in the areas of R&D, Sales & Marketing, G&A and Manufacturing Operations.
The Financial Reporting function manages the submission of consolidated financial information to AstraZeneca Group Finance based on International Financial Reporting Standards. The Manager, Financial Reporting will perform the following duties in support of this effort:
The Financial Reporting function manages SOX compliance for MedImmune and its foreign subsidiaries. The Manager, Financial Reporting will perform the following duties in support of this effort:
- Support the consolidation of MedImmune's domestic and foreign subsidiaries in SAP, the elimination of intercompany balances and the processing of intercompany transactions.
- Coordinate the modification of accounting systems or other reporting processes to capture the required information to submit financial data to AstraZeneca Group Finance.
- Provide monthly variance analysis on working capital and other ad-hoc reporting duties.
- Oversee MedImmune's outsourced reporting partners in providing a wide range of reporting services including the preparation of account reconciliations and journal entries, and completion of various government reporting requirements.
- Research technical accounting and reporting issues for compliance with IFRS, US GAAP standards or AstraZeneca Group Finance policies and procedures.
- Own the SOX control compliance for the financial reporting function.
- Lead the bi-annual SOX certification effort [FCF] with MedImmune's operational functions and foreign subsidiaries.
- Provide other ad-hoc SOX duties.
The successful candidate must have 8+ years work experience including Big-4 public accounting experience, corporate finance experience in a public or private company with annual sales greater than $1B, and experience consolidating foreign subsidiaries. Experience researching accounting issues is highly desirable.
Education: B.S or B.A in Accounting or Finance (required), MBA and/or CPA preferred.
MedImmune works to boost the immune systems of babies and grown-ups. Its flagship biotech product, Synagis, prevents respiratory syncytial...