The primary responsibility of Financial Reporting Manager is the supervision of Corporate Accounting General Ledger team and generation of timely, accurate financial information from the general ledger for use by management to monitor the results of operations and financial condition of the Company and its subsidiaries in a decentralized strategic business unit structure. The Financial Reporting Manager’s responsibilities include managing tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger close, account reconciliation, financial reporting, and assistance with audit preparation. This position will work closely with Company’s executive team both within the finance function and other functional areas. Ideal candidate possesses strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
The Financial Reporting Manager will:
• Manage the Corporate Accounting General Ledger team;
• Be responsible for managing the timely completion and review of balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of close binders;
• Be responsible for reconciliation of intercompany transactions and the reconciliation;
• Perform subsidiary trial balance review and conduct flux analysis;
• Interface with external auditors on deliverables;
• Manage the monthly and quarterly close process for the Corporate Accounting team;
• Ensure statutory to US GAAP reconciliation occurs at the subsidiaries; and
• Monitor deliverables to and from the subsidiaries to manage the close.
Manage the Corporate Accounting General Ledger team.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least 5-6 years related experience of progressive responsibilities
• Supervisory experience of at least 3-4 years providing guidance and directing less experienced staff
• Public Accounting Experience – at least 3 years with a Big Four Accounting Firm
• At least 3-5 years of experience with hands-on knowledge of the monthly and quarterly close including consolidation for a multi-national manufacturing company
• Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
• Ability to succeed in a team environment, including working with multiple locations
• Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
• Strong research and analysis skills
• Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
• Ability to manage competing priorities and organize
• Ability to review others’ work and provide insight to make improvements, standardize, and provide initial, first-level review
• Ability to streamline and make process improvement recommendations
• Advanced technical abilities in Excel, Oracle reporting (FSG), and data warehouses such as BI (Business Intelligence)
• Experience with FAS52 and Oracle translation
• Experience with revenue recognition, including SOP 97-2 and ASU 2009-13, 2009-14
• Ability to prepare and review effective trend analysis and flux reports in conjunction with normal close processes
• Experience with Oracle 12 (or multiple ERP systems)
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance from a four-year college or university. Al least five-six years related experience in a financial analysis position. CPA preferred.
This position may require infrequent and limited travel.
Location: San Carlos, CA
Status: Full time
Natus Medical Incorporated is an EOE, M/F/D/V
You may also fax your resume to (650) 802-0531 Attn: Human Resources, referring to the Job Title.
No calls please, principals only and only local candidates will be considered.
Natus Medical Incorporated - 22 months ago
Natus is a leading provider of healthcare products used for the screening, detection, treatment, monitoring and tracking of common medical...