Manage food safety programs FMI offers members; provide project management support to the Vice President of Food Safety Programs; and assist other FMI departments with food safety and technical information as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
· Serve as project manager and provide support for FMI’s food
safety programs and ongoing projects.
· Develop and distribute member communications for issues of
interest to FMI members such as emails, weekly updates,
· Assist FMI members with food safety or technical issues.
· Provide assistance to other FMI departments on food and
· Work with other food safety team members and FMI
colleagues to provide appropriate food safety information to
appropriate FMI member groups.
· Assist the FMI Senior Manager of Food Safety Programs with
the preparation of website content and updates.
· Draft articles for FMI member newsletters and other
communications as needed.
· Develop visual presentations for the Vice President, CEO and
the Department on topics to be presented to the FMI
· Represent FMI at meetings with the agriculture and food
industries related to food safety and meet with regulatory
and compliance officials as necessary.
· Develop and implement a food safety communication tool for
FMI associate members.
Other Job Functions:
· Other duties and projects as assigned or directed.
Normal office environment requiring use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax, copier, security system). Ability to travel to conference and convention locations.
Education, Skills and Experience:
· College degree in related field or college degree in unrelated field with equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 3-5 years prior work experience, including at least 2 years directly and specifically related to food safety and/or food science.
· Previous exposure to food safety or regulatory affairs is essential.
· Knowledge of computers and technology, including but not limited to PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
· Excellent telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong customer service and team orientation.
· Strong oral communication skills.
· Stellar writing and editing skills.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Ability to organize, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks with attention to detail.
· Strong commitment to maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
Food Marketing Institute - 8 months ago