Manager, Franchise Finance
DineEquity, Inc.- The largest full-service dining company in the world.
In the past, the world knew us as IHOP, an American icon to our guests and a franchising company that was focused on providing strategic leadership and vision for our franchisees and on enhancing value for our shareholders. With this dedicated focus, we cultivated a core expertise in brand revitalization and franchising know-how which became the basis for the winning formula that has defined the financial success of our business in recent years. With the addition of Applebee’s to the IHOP family of restaurants in November 2007, we made a bold new commitment to our brand revitalization abilities and to the power of franchising. DineEquity promises to make our two businesses more powerful and more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Along with the new name comes a new opportunity to focus even more clearly on how we win: energizing our brands, improving the operational performance of our franchise systems, and maximizing franchise development. These goals, along with transforming Applebee’s to a nearly 99% franchised system; inform how DineEquity provides leadership for our Applebee’s and IHOP brands, today and into the future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (IF ANY)
- Review franchisee financial statements
- Perform detailed financial reviews and analyses of Franchisee financial statements to be used in approving purchase/sale transactions and development of new IHOP restaurants
- Work with Development, Legal, Accounting, and Operations teams to ensure transactions meet IHOP’s financial and legal requirements
- Prepare monthly bad debt reserve schedule for IHOP
- Monitor and track status of past due accounts
- Maintain & manage IHOP quarterly P&L submissions from franchisees
- Prepare and analyze results, provide conclusions and recommendations
- Prepare and analyze Franchisee Watch List
- Assess the need for new reports and create as needed
- Develop and maintain databases for IHOP & Applebee’s
- key metrics related to sale of restaurants (sale price multiples, financing options)
- 4 wall costs and profitability analyses; report on trends and identify potential risks
- Prepare and analyze Top Franchisee List
- Assist with preparation presentation materials to executives as wells as external (franchisees, vendors) recipients
- Assist Director in the preparation of IHOP annual Strategic Plan
- Assist Director in modeling financial impact of work outs and developing recommendations for negotiations
- Assist Director in monitoring and improving access to capital for IHOP franchisees
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
No direct reports
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
· Ability to analyze financial statements (from simple to complex financial structures)
· Knowledge of accounts receivable concepts and basic accounting
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to articulate analyses and findings to executives as well as customers (franchisees)
· Ability to work cooperatively with all levels in the company and external vendors (lenders) and customers (franchisees)
- Creating “what-if” financial models for financial evaluation and ad-hoc analysis
- Must be able to multi-task and be able to adapt easily to changing priorities
- Must be able to apply concepts learned from prior analyses to future work
- Must be able to work independently and use own initiatives to analyze problems
Education and/or Experience
- MS Excel (advanced)
- MS Word
- MS PowerPoint
- Business Objects
- Hyperion (Essbase)
· Banking/lending background or knowledge helpful
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Finance or Accounting
- 7+ years experience with analyses of financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
· Familiarity with restaurant or retail or hospitality industry
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee frequently uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
Join Our Team - Apply online today.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching
- Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Amazing Dining Privileges
- Business casual dress
DineEquity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to inclusion in the workplace.
DineEquity/Applebee’s/IHOP participates in E-Verify. Any future offer of employment by DineEquity/Applebee's/IHOP is contingent upon your provision of employment eligibility documents which comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, verification of employment eligibility through the federal government’s E-Verify system.
As an E-Verify participating employer, DineEquity/Applebee’s/IHOP is required to post the following notices supplied by the Department of Homeland Security and Office of Special Counsel.
We Participate in E-Verify We Participate in E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Right to Work (Spanish)
DineEquity - 20 months ago