The Fund Administration and Accounting Oversight Group ("FAA") is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as a Manager. We are looking for a driven individual with a focus on limiting risk and the continued development of a strong team. Ideally this individual should have a good understanding of all aspects of the mutual fund industry with a focus on Regulated Investment Company tax ("RIC Tax") and the accounting and administration areas. Strong analytical skills and the ability to multi task are essential for this position.
- Responsible for the review of asset diversification and gross income tests in accordance with Section 851 as well as the diversification tests under Section 817 for variable annuity products.
- Ensure that the distribution requirements under Section 852 are met.
- Responsible for the oversight of all the tax disclosures within all financial reports.
- Oversight of all tax provisions and tax returns including the 1120 RIC and 4982.
- Responsible for the oversight of all mutual fund year end shareholder reporting including the ICI Primary, Secondary and tax notices inclusive of market discount allocation, qualified dividend income and dividend received deduction calculations.
- Responsible for the confirmation that all tax adjustments in accordance with Section 1256 have been identified and properly adjusted for.
- Ensure the proper inclusion and identification of all passive foreign investment companies has been accounted for.
- Review and confirm that any adjustments under Code Sec. 852(b)(4) and 857(b)(8) have been made and identified properly.
- Review and confirm that any adjustments under Code Sec. 263(h) have been made and identified properly.
- Confirm that all straddle deferrals under Section 1092 have been deferred and identified.
- Review any partnership adjustments made from each applicable schedule K-1.
- Confirm that all real estate investment trusts adjustments have been made properly.
- Review and identify any year end permanent difference adjustments.
- Have the ability to reconcile between the Excise and Subchapter M basis.
- Review, confirm and identify adjustments pertaining Code Sec. 988(a)(1)(b).
- Responsible for assisting in various mutual fund initiatives and ad-hoc projects.
- Organize, supervise and disseminate the monthly, quarterly and annual dividends.
- BA/BS required.
- Familiarity with Subchapter M of the Internal Revenue Code, Investment Company Audit Guide including GAAP,1940 Act and Regulation SX.
- Experience in various complex RIC Tax adjustments such as Contingent Payment Debt Instruments.
- Experience with Excise tax.
- A minimum of 7 years of Mutual Fund Tax experience is required.
- Minimum of 7 years mutual fund accounting /administration experience required.
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word).
New York Life - 2 years ago
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life...