Well known as a retail industry leader, Daymon Worldwide has evolved from its roots as a Private Brand pioneer into a full-service retail branding and sourcing company with a global presence. Daymon’s portfolio of companies has expertise across a full array of retail services, including Private Brand Development, Strategy & Branding, Sourcing & Logistics, Retail Merchandising and Consumer Experience Marketing. Daymon Worldwide provides its leading-edge services through multiple business units organized under one corporate umbrella. As a company of 22,000 associates operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none.
Manager, General Merchandise works closely with Customers and Suppliers to enhance relationships and add value. The Manager will work diligently to support the implementation of goals and objectives mutually agreed upon with our customers and supplier partners. The focus is to develop, sell and manage key category platforms and solutions for Daymon’s retail customers on a global scale in the assigned categories through in-depth category analysis, actionable recommendations, along with the development of consumer focused marketing plans.
The ideal candidate possesses in-depth industry and category knowledge, marketing and/or sales management experience, and demonstrated skills in strategic planning, business communication and team building and implementing alignment between our supplier partners and retailers advising on ways for Daymon to continue to create value and drive profitable sales. This position demands a resourceful, hands-on, collaborative individual that has a desire to develop winning solutions and long-term, profitable retail and supplier relationships. Drive brand reinvention, expansion, and category leadership by effectively delivering on the Company’s core value proposition of being the full-service global retail branding and sourcing partner.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Develop / execute transform and growth category solutions s elling to the senior-most executives of target customers that drive volume and profit growth for Daymon customers with executable timelines
- Drive the creative development, delivery, and performance of custom account category platforms with a strong focus upon consumer insights and the 6 P’s (Product, Placement, Packaging, Pricing, Promotion, and People)
- Support our customers program and maximize our customer's and supplier's private brand sales by collaborating to develop objectives and building value added relationships
- Maximize penetration and profits from private brand products in assigned categories for customers, suppliers, and Daymon.
- Successfully sell in and manage 1-3 year platform strategies into complex, large accounts where multiple constituencies must be aligned to assure buy-in and execution success.
- Focus on category and consumer marketing
- Fiercely protect key suppliers
- Expand dedicated Supplier Analytical services where applicable
- Explore International expansion with suppliers that make sense
- Develop the baseline mid tier supplier product strategy
- Develop and maintain productive, trusting relationships with suppliers
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers
- Initiate and manage special projects as they occur
- Successfully maintain on-going programs
- Develop skills to create consumer demand for the products of supplier partners (drive private label sales)
- Be able to discuss the corporate brand business and the industry in general
- Facilitate and take part in knowledge sharing processes with Daymon associates throughout the organization
- Cross selling of Daymon services that lead to incremental revenue
- Think and act strategically as well as tactically in the performance of the job
- Financially accountable for overall category growth and revenue
- Create / Build on elevating Transform and Grow consumer centric solutions by implementing the model to provide thought leadership and grow Private Brand space & share at our retailers creating opportunities for our suppliers
- Fully execute Transform and Grow category solutions
- Fully execute Supplier and Retailer mgt and relationships for assigned categories
- Successfully develop well-rounded category solutions that assist in the growth and development of all Daymon service companies.
- Working with the SCSM and Director; train, develop and lead customer and supplier relations efforts to be know/recognized as the category expert.
- Contribute to Daymon’s effort to be an employer of choice as measured by survey results, associate feedback and turnover
- Direct the strategic vision and goals for the Transform and Grow categories in area of accountability
- Build on the work done on the Signature Supplier Partner Experience by implementing the supplier segmentation model to protect and grow partnerships and empower Daymon relationship owners
- Ensure the profitability of business strategies
- Partner with account teams to negotiate brokerage rates and fiercely protect Daymon interests with suppliers
- Fiercely protect, m anage and own relationships at the Executive and Middle Management with key suppliers, retailers and colleagues
- Fiercely protect assigned customers by initiating, maintaining, and growing relationships with our customer teams and our retail customers
- Serve as the comprehensive point of contact for assigned category platforms supporting Daymon accounts (on and off premise at the account) via category management and insights to achieve objectives and move the business forward.
Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- Possess a minimum of 6 years direct sales and/or marketing management experience in the industry in a leadership position
- Bachelor’s Degree with combined Sales and Marketing experience. MBA Preferred
- Demonstrated retailer interface, knowledge of their points of difference, equity and unique approaches to product development and category management
- Awareness of trends and suppliers core competencies
- To work closely with our Marketing and Insghts team as well as our Trend Spotting tools and provide trend analysis and content for global seminars and events and Seasonal Merchandising
- To contribute and develop trend-focused design, lifestyle and retail features in liaison with across functional team
- Must have the ability to develop relationships both inside the customer and with suppliers
- Lead new initiatives into implementation through effective collaboration
- Possess strong multi-tasking and project management skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and passion
- Must be driven for results, with a bias for action
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Developing and leveraging BIC practices that drive revenue enhancement
- Customer Focus
- Entrepreneurial drive and passion
- Implementation of goals and objectives ensuring timelines are achieved
- Specific category support/knowledge to suppliers and customers
- Accountable for implementing supplier and customer solutions in a timely manner
- Understanding of what it takes to bring a product to the marketplace as well as basic consumer marketing
Daymon - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard