Responsible for the initiation, design, transition, ongoing maintenance/support and continuous improvement of the Biogen Idec Global Help Desk Support Service. Accountable for the Global Help Desk Support Service across the entire IT service management lifecycle. Responsible for the financial oversight of costs involved delivering the Global Help Desk Support Service. Biogen Idec delivers Global Help Desk Support Service via a managed service agreement with a third party vendor. Day to day operational oversight of the help desk agents and call volume is managed by the third party. The Global Help Desk Manager is responsible to ensure the partner is delivering on their contractual support commitments as well as continuously improving the environment to increase customer satisfaction.
1. Acting as the primary contact for all non-standard service related enquiries and escalations, the Global Help Desk Manager will coordinate and track resources, contacts, and work in collaboration with Service Owners and Managers to ensure timely incident resolution.
2. Ensuring that new and ongoing service and support meet agreed-upon customer requirements, expectations and are aligned with contractual Service Level Agreements. Ensure service definition/design related activities including the development of any key performance indicators and service level targets such as First Contact Closure, Customer Satisfaction, Average Speed of Answer, Call Abandonment, etc. are met. Current targets are set forth in the existing Managed Service Agreement.
3. Identify opportunities for service improvements, discussing with the customer, raising funding requests and/or changes for review if appropriate.
4. Liaising with appropriate Process Owners, Service Owners and Managers throughout the service management lifecycle to ensure appropriate introduction of new services and a fully informed and trained Help Desk Support team. Facilitated through the use of the “Support Change Control Request Form”, updated IT Knowledge Base articles (ITKB) and on-going training and mentoring sessions.
5. Effective Vendor Management is required to ensure adherence to contractual terms and service delivery requirements and performance. Ensuring Vendor and its agents are fully trained on Biogen Idec SOPs, processes and delivery requirements.
Experience with ITIL V3 framework
Experience with VMWare VSM or similar Incident Management Tool (e.g. Remedy)
Project management skills are beneficial
Experience with working in a pharma business is preferred
Experience with driving change programs
Strong Vendor Management skills to influence desired outcomes
Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills5+ years managing a Global Help Desk environment
5+ years ITIL experience
ITIL intermediate or practitioner certification
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with an IT focus is preferred
Biogen Idec - 18 months ago
Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the lives of...