National Wildlife Federation is currently seeking a Manager, Global Licensing to advance our Office of Business Affairs business objectives and revenue goals through enabling the VP to aggressively pursue commercial presence in the global market. The Manager, Global Licensing will focus on generating revenue by leveraging NWF assets abroad through licensing relationships, television and film productions, and distributions of NWF publications. In addition, he or she will identify, oversee and manage the execution of rights clearance projects on both the client side and rights holder side, with a strong focus on developing deeper and stronger relationships with clients driving high revenue potential.
Sales and Relationship Management
NWF Content and IP Licensing Strategy and data management
- Negotiates licensing agreements with publishers and other rights-holders and assists or works with licensees in such areas as distribution, promotion, and consulting.
- Negotiates distribution agreements, builds and maintains relationships with NWF’s print and digital distribution partners.
Prospect Identification & Global Market Research
- Collaborates with VP to design and implement content licensing strategies, data management systems, programs and policies that support OBA’s business plans and objectives.
- Helps to prepare revenue projections, as well as presentations and packages, for film/TV/image/IP content.
- Stays current with global consumer, technology and industry trends through rigorous, regular research.
- Proactively identifies, fosters and nurtures business contacts in a creative, collaborative team atmosphere.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in a project management, account management, marketing or brand licensing role
- Experience in contract negotiations and contract implementation, required.
- Demonstrated experience as self-starter/independent worker with a high level of creativity, and an ability to creatively solve problems with a variety of variables, required.
- Extensive knowledge of NWF historical content and IP assets, strongly preferred.
- Resourceful and savvy about global culture, and a keen understanding of the licensing business.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and extremely detail oriented.
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects with follow-up; strong presentation skills.
- Proficiency to create and modify documents using Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Ability to combine graphic design skills with an understanding of consumer products.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled strategist and negotiator with a deep knowledge base of NWF content. This person should be a quick study and a multi-tasker who remains calm under pressure and is willing to take on any job. A successful candidate will be exceptionally creative and highly organized with excellent follow through abilities and experience and interest in nature education, consumer products, design, and marketing.