Socotherm (a ShawCor company) is a leading provider of thermal insulation coatings, anti-corrosion coatings, internal coatings, and concrete weight coatings for onshore and offshore pipelines. Our coating facilities are located in key energy producing regions around the world such as the Americas, Europe and Africa. Two research and development centers, located in Italy and Argentina, support Socotherm in developing unique and innovative coating solutions for the world’s pipelines.
Position Summary: Manager, Global Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
Lead implementation of HSE and Quality Assurance initiatives globally across all sites and locations of Socotherm. Achieve and maintain conformance to HSE and Quality system requirements (ShawCor HSE management system, ISO9000, Division HSE system requirements, etc.) Maintain compliance to applicable HSE legislation and quality requirements, such as UL, CE or other. Build and enhance a culture of Incident and Injury Free (IIF) and Flawless Execution throughout the division.
Provide leadership to the Socotherm management team and to sites and operating locations in the implementation of Quality and HSE Management system requirements. Support Site/Plant/Location Leadership teams with system conformance and compliance to regulatory requirements.
Oversee divisional quality management reviews and proactively develop plans for quality improvement
- Be the key driving force for reducing the cost of quality, improving customer satisfaction and achieving flawless execution.
- Represent and support Socotherm on key quality issues with both internal and external parties
Develop and implement initiatives to proactively assess and manage HSE risks, minimize recordable incidents and achieve a culture of IIF at each location and worksite. Improve overall HSE performance:
- Create specific HSE action plans.
- Lead investigation of serious incidents.
- Gather HSE and IIF data across divisions/locations for monthly reporting and to determine countermeasures to take to reduce occurrences.
Regularly audit sites and locations and ensure QHSE aspects of Socotherm operations conform to company standards and comply to applicable legislation. Ensure division is up to date on pending legislative requirements. Manage inspections/investigations by outside regulatory agencies or certifying bodies.
Provide direction to Sites on environmental compliance reporting requirements relating to Branch level air emissions, effluents and waste disposal. Identify opportunities to reduce waste stream volume/toxicity to reduce the cost of waste disposal.
Minim um Qualifications:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via the link below or the posting on our career page at www.shawcor.com/careers to be considered for this opportunity.
- 10+ year of progressive experience including the leadership of a health safety, environment and quality function in heavy industry in an international multi plant setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and prefer fluency in Spanish and/or Italian.
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel within the organization.
- Knowledge of industrial processes, hazardous properties of materials and processes, quality management principles, industrial hygiene.
- Understanding of the business implications of decisions and alignment of the QHSE program with the strategic goals of the Division.
- Working knowledge of Management system principles and regulatory requirements.
- Advocate of the continuous improvement process with the ability to work with and support line management to develop and implement practical QHSE programs.
ShawCor Ltd. - 7 months ago