Preparation of a consolidated Enterprise Services sales forecast and executive briefing weekly
Tracks quantity and location of sales headcount
Models projected financial impact (revenue and margin by year) of sales forecast and planning scenarios
Generation and tracking of sales performance KPI’s
TCV sold by sales motion and region
Pipeline history and trends by Region & Sales Rep
Sales organization target attainment
Win and close rates by deal size
Critical Nature of Position:
This position will be integral in producing a series of analytics specific to targeted sales investments. These are required to drive the operational roll-out of incremental sales coverage a well as monitoring performance over time (i.e. provide visibility to investment performance by ring fencing incremental resources deployed in sales analytics).
Moreover, this role is critical for exec management of the sales process pertinent to the current sales resources already deployed: providing insights that lead to increased sales through improved win rates, better deal qualification, etc.
This position contributes towards HP’s financial objectives indirectly: by enabling better decisions through data and insights provided to executive leadership
o Example: analysis of win and close rates vs. deal disengagement levels at the early and late deal stages. Framework for determining the effectiveness of deal qualification processes.
- Resource Allocation Decisions (revenue and profit)ensures sales resources are deployed in the geographical, motion, and pursuit strategy that generates the highest return on sales expense
- Example: analysis of sales resource deployment and expense vs. yield (revenue, TCV, and margin) for the 4 primary sales motions utilized within Enterprise Services. Framework for prioritizing incremental sales investments • Pursuit spend/effectiveness Decisions (cost minimization, revenue and profit generation ensures sales resources are deployed on the right pursuits, where the of pursuing weighed against the competitive positioning and quality of the business are aligned for optimal return
o Example: Risk assessment of the new logo vs. growth pipeline coverage of the financial forecast. Historical pipeline conversion as in indicator of ‘needed’ pipeline provides the context required to identify gaps between the pipeline and financial forecast….ensuring countermeasures are engaged when and where appropriate.
- Financial forecast coverage(revenue generation)provide insights relating the financial forecast to the sales pipeline and forecast
Supports data and business analyses to develop business plans.
Supports the development of statistical and financial models for forecasting and reporting.
Measures business performance and compares actual data to forecasted values.
Executes market research projects and gathers intelligence on current industry, technology, and consumer trends.
Works with cross-functional teams to support the data collection process.
Supports the execution of priority projects with direction.
Supports small projects or
portions of larger projects
requiring quantitative and
qualitative business models
- Contributes primarily to diagnostic and reactive business planning activities.
- Decision-making limited to immediate function with minimal to no risk to the business (management to review decisions).
Education and Experience Required
Typically 10+ years total experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area.
Advanced university degree required (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Extensive knowledge of research methodology for the most challenging business issues.
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to leverage new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches and insights.
- Extensive knowledge of how to analyze business problems using Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Superior business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including leading large, cross-functional initiatives that impact the organization.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to lead multiple, large, time sensitive projects or work streams.
- Ability to identify emerging trends from market and industry data, and make clear and compelling business planning recommendations.
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...