Manager of Government and Regulatory Affairs, West Virginia
This position will have responsibility to oversee Frontier’s government affairs in the State of West Virginia. This position will involve extensive interaction and advocacy with public officials in West Virginia, including state and federal legislators and state regulatory agencies. Major responsibilities include:
Education: Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree preferred.
- Develop and maintain on-going, positive relationships with legislators, regulators and other government officials.
- Advocate on behalf of Frontier before the state legislature on all existing and proposed legislation that has an impact on the company.
- Represent Frontier before the Public Service Commission on all Frontier matters, including existing and new policy matters, compliance requirements and business opportunities and threats.
- Favorably represent Frontier and effectively advocate its positions with key stakeholders and others in the industry.
- Maintain all day-to-day compliance requirements and responses to the Public Service Commission.
- Communicate opportunities and threats internally to management and other groups within the organization.
Requirements: 7-10 years of telecommunications or related experience, preferably with state government relations experience, experience within a government agency and/or the state legislature.
Other Skills: Proficiency in MS Word and Excel, strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams, ability to understand complex legal documents.
Other qualifications: Ability to lead a group overseeing multiple priorities, proficiency in MS Word and Excel, strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams, ability to understand complex legal documents.
Education requirements: Bachelor of Science in Business, Finance, Economics or related field, graduate degree preferred. Length of experience: 7-10 years of telecommunications experience, preferably with government relations experience, or experience within a government agency.
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) offers voice, broadband, satellite video, wireless Internet data access, data security...