How does it feel knowing that DENTSPLY International; the premier dental company in six continents with over 12,000 employees around the globe, the world-wide industry leader in innovation and technology is looking for you to join the team? At DENTSPLY International, we do not hire employees, but true business partners who will live the DENTSPLY vision: Always First in dentistry; delivering world-class dental products with world-class precision and technology.
DENTSPLY’s broad global product platform helps dental professionals serve patient’s oral health care for a lifetime, from preventative services to tooth replacement. Our products range from general dental consumables and laboratory products to products supporting the dental specialty markets of orthodontics, endodontics and implants. With a presence in more than 120 countries, our geographic footprint virtually mirrors the dental market. Please click on the link for additional information on DENTSPLY: www.dentsply.com
General Information Date Revised: 11/13
Standard Hours 40 Department Human Resources
Job Grade N/A Division Tulsa Dental
EEO Classification Professional Reports To AHRD
FLSA Status Exempt
Job Summary: The HR Business Development Manager understands the dynamics
of the business and provides expert insight into people, organizational issues and
opportunities to drive organizational effectiveness in order to meet business objectives.
The primary focus of the role is to align business objectives with talent decisions in the
assigned client group. Under the direction of the AHRD, this role partners with
management and is accountable for effective leadership in human resource-related
matters such as: Talent acquisition, talent and performance management, career
development and succession planning, workforce planning, and when necessary,
- Builds strong partnerships across functional areas and effectively leverages existing knowledge, expertise and systems within the global HR function to broker and deliver HR solutions and programs to the business.
- Provides strategic and tactical management of HR programs and services in order to establish and maintain competitive programs that attract and retain high quality employees in a cost-effective manner.
- Plays a key role in creating and implementing key, long-term strategic programs in the areas of strategic HR, employee and leadership development, talent planning, employee engagement and organizational culture.
- Acts as a change agent by helping the business through transformations and adapting to changing business conditions.
- Effectively partners with global HR team members to execute strategies and initiatives.
- Ensures effective application of the annual performance management program through evaluation, analysis and feedback. Ensures that personal development plans are supported for key positions or talent, and that managers are equipped to deliver development discussions.
- Consults with assigned business units to resolve challenges and develop HR-based solutions to strategies and tactical business problems.
- Works with assigned management team to develop staffing strategic forecasts and trends.
- Determines recognition strategies to attract and retain workforce that supports the company vision, mission and values.
- Provides leadership to ensure the attraction, selection and integration of highly skilled employees.
- Utilizes quantitative data and intuitive observation to drive people-related decisions and demonstrates measurable value added to the organization.
- Facilitates and coaches management to set aligned and high quality targets for individuals to drive the business to achieve consistent levels of performance.
- Continuously evaluates the level of succession talent to establish a baseline of current bench strength and helps management determine targets to close the gap.
- Drives performance management ensuring that goal-setting, follow up and corrective actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Provides guidance and counsel on employee relations and performance matters, while building management responsibility and capability for managing employee-relation matters.
- Tracks and analyzes employee relations trends, turnover data, etc, diagnosing root causes and developing recommendations for corrective strategies.
- Acts as the steward and driver for attracting, developing and retaining diverse talent.
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and actions.
- Participates in evaluating and monitoring success of training initiatives and follows-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Delivers HR initiatives and programs to client groups through partnerships with functional HR specialists, and ensures client satisfaction with HR functional support. Liaise with Corporate HR team to assist with program development and implementation.
- Recommends redesign or organizational structures around strategic objectives.
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including employee relations, recruitment, performance management, federal and state-respective employment laws, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis and diversity
- Excellent consulting skills
- Excellent business literacy skills
- Proficiency in employee relations’ management - the ability to investigate and resolve complex employee relations matters that balances organizational needs with individual impact
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinking – ability to focus on critical areas of strategic contribution and translate these into appropriate management and HR actions
- Excellent communication skills, judgment and discretion
- Ability and credibility to influence at multiple levels of the organization
- Superior ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Project management skills
- Effective implementation of change management principles
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, industrial or human relations, organizational development or related subject.
Must possess proficiency in Microsoft programs, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint, as well as above-average presentation skills.
Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred (for some sites).
Minimum of 5 to 7 years progressive HR Generalist/Business Partner experience required, preferably within a global environment.
Please refer to the Required Training Matrix by selected group.
DENTSPLY International is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Dentsply International - 4 months ago