GE offers a great work environment and challenging careers. GE is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
for all, including minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled.
- Accomplishing the following duties and responsibilities of this position requires a comprehensive breadth of knowledge in the specific area of expertise serving as a prominent resource to the organization.
- Incumbents develop creative solutions to complex issues.
- The position demonstrates managerial leadership and accountability for subordinate staff.
- Provide advice and counsel management and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, and practices
- Lead client organizations in the development of the annual reviews, organization structure development, job design, staffing, compensation, and organization change / effectiveness
- Partner with business leaders on multiple human resource issues including; policies, legislation processes and practices; evaluation / development of personnel, annual reviews, and compensation plans
- Be responsible for implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean) including; leading change initiatives, planning, facilitation, and staffing and pipeline development
- Provide leadership for the development and execution of organization vision and structure including; development and execution of a communication plan to ensure that effective two-way communication takes place
- Assure that appropriate training opportunities are provided to employees to further personal, career, and organizational development
- Investigate and provide counsel / advice regarding employee relations concerns
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities
- Act as an employee advocate and help drive various corporate and division business initiatives
- Identify recruiting needs, develop sources of qualified candidates, facilitate screening, testing, and selection of applicants with management
- Drive HR processes such as; e-HR dashboard, annual HR review (Session C), organizational effectiveness, and performance management
- Be responsible for investigations, conflict resolution, employee communications, and management coaching
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 4+ years employee relations, developing managers and/or conflict resolution experience and a strong working knowledge of employment laws
Eligibility Requirements :
All applications for employment must be submitted through either http://www.gecareers.com (external applicants) or the Career Opportunity System (COS) to be considered
You must be 18 years or older
You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
If currently a GE Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (AP) or 24 months (PB or greater), have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don't meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Section 19 Job
- SHRM certification preferred.
- Expertise in HR functional areas including recruiting/talent assessment, performance management, career development, reward and recognition programs.
- Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high change environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead large projects and to motivate others.
- Strong skills at building relationships with various levels in an organization. Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi tasking skills.
- Strong facilitation, influencing and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Green Belt Certification
- HRLP program graduate
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources (MHR, MILR, or MBA)
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
At GE Capital we’re not just bankers, we’re builders. Headquartered in Norwalk Connecticut, GE Capital is one of the...