Providing HR leadership and support for the Alpharetta, GA site – specifically supporting the Finance, Risk, and Marketing functions in this location. This individual will be partnering with managers and their teams to develop and implement strategic HR initiatives to achieve organizational effectiveness.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, and practices
- Provides a vehicle for associates to discuss a variety of opportunity areas or concerns on items such as performance, attendance, compensation, disability, tuition assistance, leaves of absence, workers compensation, etc.
- Lead client organizations in the development of the annual reviews, organization structure development, job design, staffing, compensation, and organization change / effectiveness
- Be responsible for implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean) including: leading change initiatives, planning, facilitation, and staffing and pipeline development
- Partner with staffing organization to recruit and fill open positions below the Senior Professional Band level.
- Provide leadership for the development and execution of organization vision and structure including; development and execution of a communication plan to ensure that effective two-way communication takes place
- Assure that appropriate training opportunities are provided to employees to further personal, career, and development needs
- Actively own or participate in Alpharetta site initiatives; e.g. Develop U Week, Employee Opinion Survey, Affirmative Action Planning, as well as HR initiatives for supported functional organizations.
- Investigate and provide counsel / advice regarding employee relations concerns
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities
- Act as an employee advocate and help drive various company and functional business initiatives
- Assist with special projects as assigned by Sr. HR Managers, Site HR Leader, and Client Managers
Eligibility Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent professional work experience
- 4+ years of HR generalist experience with heavy emphasis on employee relations and strong working knowledge of employment laws.
- Expertise in HR functional areas including recruiting/talent assessment, performance management, career development, reward and recognition programs.
- Ability to travel up to 15%, if applicable.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule that may include occasional evenings
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- All applications for employment must be submitted through either http://www.gecareers.com (external applicants) or the Career Opportunity System (COS) to be considered
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- If currently a GE Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (AP) or 24 months (PB or greater), have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don't meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Section 19 Job
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or Business Related Field
- Experience within financial services. Experience with private label credit cards or bank credit cards preferred.
- Experience with regulations such as OFCCP audits, EEOC Complaints and resolutions and AAP reporting
- Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high change environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead large projects and to motivate others.
- Strong skills at building relationships with various levels in an organization. Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong facilitation, influencing and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Master's degree in Business or Human Resources
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...