Under the direction of the Vice President, Human Resources, the function of the Divisional Human Resources Manager is to focus on Talent and Performance Initiatives as well as Human Resources Programs, Processes and Compliance for a Division of the h.h.gregg stores organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities of the Divisional HR Manager are essential in the daily execution of the position:
• Demonstrate dependability and integrity with regard to all aspects of the company's human resources function.
• Foster a strong talent base in his/her Division through effective Talent Management:
o Establish strategic direction and processes for effective sourcing, recruiting, selecting, hiring and on-boarding of all Division management.
o Establish effective interviewing processes for the Division to include interviewing skills training and appropriate use of interview guides for successful hiring decisions.
o Responsible for robust talent calibration and succession planning to establish career paths and talent pipelines; including strategic direction and processes for staffing and facilitating Manager-in-Training program for the Division.
• Possess knowledge of applicable compliance issues and labor laws; and must provide leadership to establish compliance to all issues and laws.
• Partner with Corporate HR team to provide appropriate solutions and recommendations on compensation, benefits and payroll administration.
• Provide direction on Performance Management processes for the Division.
o Partner with Division Vice President to establish performance standards.
o Provide direction on performance measures and ratings.
o Establish performance calibration processes to maintain consistency for the Division.
• Partner with Division management and Corporate HR Associate Relations team to apply consistent and appropriate performance improvement plans in the division.
• Assist Corporate HR Associate Relations with interviews/investigations of sensitive, complex and/or significant associate concerns
• Participates in the development of Division goals, objectives and priorities.
• Provides direction, coaching, facilitation and consulting to the Division managers for continuous learning to improve application of leadership practices and principles in the division.
• At least 5 years of successful human resources generalist experience, preferably in a retail environment
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Prior leadership role and experience
• Strong knowledge of HR processes and practices
• Effective Talent Management experience
SPECIAL SKILLS and OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Professional approach with strong communication skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize the workload of self and others
• Attention to detail
• Operates with appropriate urgency
• Great work ethic with commitment to position/company
• Works well in a team environment
• Exude positive image that reflects well on the organization/department; presents as a role model
• Demonstrates effective leadership within the Division and Human Resources teams
• Proven change leader
• Strong project management
• Ability to travel
hhgregg - 10 months ago
hhgregg has evolved from black-and-white to digital. The appliance and electronics retailer began as a small storefront selling washing...