The primary function of this position is to manage Coaching related activities in Healthyroads department.
- Manage Coaching related activities.
- Accountable for achieving internal and external performance standards: reports results to Senior Management, identifies and resolves barriers to achieve results.
- Implements and monitors policies and procedures that support department objectives and provide quality oversight to ensure compliance with Healthyroads standards and client expectations.
- Accountable for hiring, training and retaining high performance and injury free team members.
- Conveys clear and concise messages appropriate to intended audience; represents ASH in a professional manner through effective oral and written communication
- Demonstrates good judgment through appropriate delegation while maintaining proper oversight and follow up; prepares leadership staff for situational delegation
- Uses effective project management skills and tools to facilitate projects, remove barriers, monitor milestones, and accomplish deliverables according to plan
- Uses resources effectively (people, time, expenses) to manage within or below budgetary targets based upon current business environment
- Training and mentoring new Supervisors
- Completes performance reviews for direct reports in a timely manner. Assures all Supervisors complete their direct reports’ annual evaluations in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and/or attend weekly quality assurance team and case review meetings with Medical Services staff and/or client representatives to assure all necessary cases are presented in a timely manner.
- Assist staff as needed to prepare cases for presentation and assure all cases are closed/resolved in a timely manner.
- Coordinate case review meetings with outside entities as required by client contract. This includes Health Advocates, Personal Nurses, and DM vendors.
- Assist staff with phone sessions as needed and resolve technical issues.
- Handle difficult members if escalated beyond a Supervisor level
- Handle member complaints and grievances as they relate to coach member interactions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a health related field (psychology, social work, health education, Nutrition, Exercise Science, etc), required.
- Registered, certified, licensed health care professional (dietitian, nurse, exercise professional) or Master’s prepared clinician in a health related field (psychology, social work, health education, Nutrition, Exercise Science) or equivalent, a plus.
- Minimum five years combined experience working in Health Education, Health/Life Coaching field and/or in a health related setting required.
- Minimum three years progressive experience performing mentoring and/or management duties in a health related environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office and basic word processing skills.
Proven and demonstrated ability in the following categories:
Mobility - Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
- Overall Communication; provides excellent customer service. Conveys clear and concise messages appropriate to the intended audience. Represents employer in a professional manner through effective oral and written communication. Create and sustain a supportive client-focused environment for behavior change. Exercises strict confidentiality in all matters
- Leadership and Delegation; uses good judgment through appropriate delegation while maintaining positive leadership, proper oversight and timely follow up. Including ability to develop delegation skills of direct reports. Interacts in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Project Management Skills; uses effective project management skills and tools to facilitate projects, remove barriers, monitor milestones, and accomplish deliverables according to plan. Proven organizational skills, with the ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time in a busy environment. Analyzes information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Budget Management; uses resources in an effective manner including people, time and expenses to manage within or below budgetary targets based upon current business environment.
- Compliance Oversight; implements and monitors operations policies and procedures and quality oversight to ensure compliance with standards and regulations e.g. HIPAA, URAC/NCQA accreditation, health plan delegation and other company standards such as QI work plan tasks.
- Training and Development; hire, trains, and retains high performance, injury-free team members.
Physical Requirements – Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility and travel outside of state as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions - Usual office setting .
ASH Companies - 10 months ago