The Manager, Consumer Reports Health Ratings Center will be responsible for managing and executing the development of health-service ratings. This individual will directly manage statistical staff and work with the staff to devise and create health-service ratings. The individual will also be responsible for evaluating methods used by outside researchers and making recommendations regarding appropriate use of information in the ratings setting and will also be involved in the generation of research proposals, either as the lead or in assisting in others’ proposals.
Advanced degree (PhD, MPH, MBA, or MD) with seven or more years of experience in health services research, quality measurement and/or public reporting of provider quality or other related experience. Experience successfully supervising a team and working in a team environment required. Demonstrated ability to direct staff, and lead projects involving the statistical design, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of quantitative information. Must have in-depth knowledge of quality and value measurement of health-related services. Experience in working with medical and health databases, systematic reviews and the methodological issues surrounding health outcomes, comparative effectiveness and quality assessment desired. Some travel required.
- Independently directs departmental work related to the development of Ratings of health products and services
- Directly supervises the day-to-day work of at least two statisticians in the department
- Interacts with external data partners to develop meaningful presentations of health-related quality data
- Interacts with external reviewers/stakeholders during Ratings development
- Assesses the quality of external methods and data sources underlying the quality measurement of healthcare services
- Serves as investigator/Principal investigator on research proposals and funded research projects
- Travel to partners or to external meetings as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 8 months ago - save job