This position is responsible for developing, administering and providing a comprehensive occupational health program for the Amylin West Chester manufacturing facility. The Manager, Health Services will create and maintain occupational health services for an existing manufacturing site. The program is expected to comply with Amylin Corporate Guidance and Policies as well as federal and state occupational health and safety regulations and laws. The position will be located in the medical clinic at the Amylin West Chester, OH site. The West Chester site manufactures Bydureon.
Manager, Health Services will report directly to the Bristol-Myers Squibb Corporate Health and Fitness Global Manufacturing and Supply Executive Medical Director. The manager is expected to work closely with the Amylin West Chester EHS lead and HR.
- Develop, manage and administer the Occupational Health Services for the West Chester site.
- Develop and implement objectives for the West Chester Occupational Health Services compatible with the company corporate goals and objectives.
- Maintain compliance with all local state and federal occupational health and safety policies/standards.
- Function as the site medical resource that works directly with the HR and Executive Medical Director on case management, employment issues and policy making.
- Collaborate with management, EHS, and other teams to develop occupational health and safety policies for West Chester.
- Develop and monitor annual budget for the Medical Department.
- Provide clinical services to the employees at West Chester. This includes examination, diagnosis and treatment where appropriate.
- Manage all contract health professionals providing support to West Chester.
- Work with Amylin disability and worker’s compensation insurance providers to case manage all occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses and short and long term disability claims.
- Maintain statistical data in order to analyze health services activities and to plan future resources and set objectives.
- Make appropriate recommendations for return-to- work cases such as restrictions and job placements
- Investigate, monitor and analyze illness and injury episodes and trends; develop strategies to promote and protect employee health and safety and prevent injury.
- Plan and promote health and wellness programs
- Manage with EHS on-site Emergency Response Team including Bloodborne Pathogens Control plan, CPR/AED First Aid training and developing training exercises for response team.
- Transition Occupational Health Services from Amylin to Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Registered Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN)
- Minimum 5 years experience in Occupational Health Nursing
- Active Ohio RN License
- Proven experience managing an occupational health clinic
- Clinic start up experience preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills