Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Manager, Healthcare Analytics position’s primary function is to support the I&I Franchise by collaboratively interacting with Marketing, Payer Marketing, and the Field Sales Force to analyze market and business trends. The role is responsible to provide fact based and actionable insights and recommendations to enhance the strategic decision making capability for leadership at every level. The position will also have full or partial responsible for other critical activities including; standard reporting, territory alignment, return on investment analysis, and incentive compensation.
The individual in this role must be able to work across the breath of the franchise and synthesize discrete data sets and information sources into a cohesive and accurate assessment of market and business drivers impacting the core brand strategies. They must also be able to communicate persuasively across the franchise, influencing key stakeholders relative to the impact of trends and events on strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing appropriate analytic support for Marketing, Payer Marketing, and RBDs/DMs
- Act as an expert source information regarding business trends and drives for the organization
- Conducting analysis on key business questions as determined by the leadership
- Provide current data/trends for standard senior management reports
- Produce standard reports that support critical business needs
- Conduct ad hoc analysis as needed and when appropriate
- Effectively manage the secondary market research data function for in-line products.
- Provide regular monthly reporting of relevant secondary data to Marketing, Sales, Investor Relations, Business Development, and other Celgene departments as necessary.
- Ensure data use is consistent with other analytics and reporting within Celgene. Respond to questions from the Commercial Team and Executive Management regarding other data sources and industry analyst questions.
- Remain actively aware of industry analyst reports and expectations.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
- BS/BA required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Pharmaceutical or Business Analytics
- Experience working with specialty pharmacies a plus
- Advanced Excel, as well as additional PC skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Access
- (working knowledge of SAS, Sequel, and/or Tableau a plus)
- Experience in pharmaceutical data mining and analysis techniques
- Demonstrated analytical ability, with attention to detail, and systems aptitude
- Ability to organize/analyze multiple data sources and events into a cohesive result through the utilization of various analytical tools and technologies
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and knowledge, and the ability to understand the big picture
- Possess the ability to appropriately challenge, ensuring decisions and assumptions are based on best available information
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to communicate across multiple functions and levels
- Must be comfortable speaking in public
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Demonstrate integrity, flexibility, and a strong work ethic
- Travel as required
BA/BS required; 4+ years of analytical experience in pharmaceutical industry, specifically commercial operations
Req ID: 14000147
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Warren
Job: Marketing and Sales Excellence
Organization: Celgene Corporation
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: 2014-01-24 00:00:00.0
Celgene is delivering innovative therapies to patients with unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammatory diseases.