Develops, implements and administers various employee compensation and reward and recognition programs for CHEP USA to attract, retain and motivate employees.Will be responsible for assessing the impact of current programs and proposing new programs to support achievement of strategic business initiatives. Responsible for data maintenance, data analysis and reporting from various HR systems. Works with all levels of management to proactively and strategically align the organizational compliance needs with business goals. Supports the organization and the HR team by managing HR Operations processes and programs.
• Partners with Director, Human Resources and other HR team members on a variety of Human Resources projects including program design, analysis, budgeting, implementation of new programs and administration of existing programs.
• Researches, designs and implements special compensation programs or incentive systems for all employees or for specific groups to support the organization's objectives. Is responsible for working with Sales and Finance on Sales Incentive Plans.
• Administers base pay and bonus programs including annual salary review and bonus cycles and equity adjustments process. Provides data and recommendations for annual merit process.
• Work as primary liaison between Brambles Remuneration and Benefits staff, CHEP USA and employees to resolve problems, issues, and questions and implement required changes.
• Administer compensation automated tools including granting user access, maintaining security protocols and programs, troubleshooting and managing
• Coordinate with other locations on procedures, processes and controls, and ensure ongoing procedural consistency across the organization.
• Deliver salary system training for system implementation and any upgrades.
• Perform complex ad hoc queries and develop customized reports. Develop reporting protocol and provide documentation and training to HR community
• Manages relocation and immigration processes
• Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for managing On-boarding and off-boarding of employees from all systems and ensuring compliance with all employment regulations
• Ensures all Standard Operating Procedures for Human Resources Operations are up to date.
• Manages all internal and external audit of Human Resources records
• Partners with HR staff and IT team to ensure that the HRIS system meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to salary structures, bonus programs, etc.
• Writes, maintains and supports a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analysing data and conducting data audits.
• Manages recognition programs and serves as liaison with vendors. Ensures employees and managers understand and can optimize recognition programs.
• Responsible for the day to day operations of the HR system
The Key Performance Indicators for this role are driven by the line business’ operational goals, and related HR business-aligned goals, and cover the following categories of performance:
• Business value delivery from HR (measured by BVA - Brambles Value Added)
• Systems effectiveness (measured by customer and user satisfaction)
• Project milestones and quality criteria (measured by exceptional non-conformance)
• Security, controls and audit (measured by governance effectiveness & audit rating)
• Objectives for Performance Development Process (PDP)
Authority/ Decision Making
• People decisions such as hiring, performance management and employee relations within the area of HR Operations
• Resolving issues with internal customers
Building relationships and communicating to all levels of the organization
Team player who looks at the business needs as well as at HR capabilities and constraints
Working flexibly and effectively in a matrix-managed and project-oriented organisation
Able to work effectively with cross functional teams
Requires limited supervision and works well independently
Strongly upholds appropriate governance and process conformance
Some travel may be required
Awareness of cross-cultural characteristics across and within regions
Meeting milestones when relying on other resources which are not accountable to this role
Strong results delivery orientation
Internal: CHEP HR Organizations Globally, Sales Finance, Sales Leadership, Payroll, Brambles Rem & Ben staff, Finance FP&A
• Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field.
• World at Work certification or equivalent certification is preferred.
• 5 – 7 years of HR experience
• Demonstrated successful experience implementing and managing compensation programs
Skills and Knowledge
• Prior compensation analysis experience
• Technical experience working with HR systems
• Excellent Excel skills
• Strong experience managing sales commission and incentive bonus programs.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of principles and practices of compensation and benefits to include design review, company alignment, and implementation.
• Knowledge of HAY compensation type programs.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws governing compensation & benefits administration practices.
• Ability to partner and align with clients delivering added-value in every touch point of the relationship.
• Proven ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of an organization.
• Proven ability to highly function in a high performance atmosphere as part of a global and team.
• Proven ability to analyse data
• Self-motivated to strive for professional excellence in all aspects of work.
Critical Competencies for Success
Developing Direct Reports & Others
Building Effective Teams
Integrity & Trust
Drive for Results
CHEP - 16 months ago
Brambles hopes customers will call on CHEP to help them schlep goods through the supply chain. Brambles' primary subsidiary is CHEP, a...