The Manager, Human Resources is responsible for working
with scientific and large scale development department
management to lead human resources initiatives related
to staffing, employee relations, organizational
development, performance management, compensation and
professional development. Primary business areas of
responsibility will be Commercial and Developmental
Manufacturing, Engineering, Analytical Development and
Materials Management, and administrative support
departments including Quality Assurance, Sourcing and
Procurement, Finance, and Project Management. The
Manager will work closely with the Director, Human
Resources at the corporate facility, the Benefits
Manager, and the EHS Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead Human Resources practices and objectives that
will provide an employee-oriented; high performance
culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality,
productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the
recruitment and ongoing development of a superior
workforce. The Human Resources manager is responsible
for the development of processes that support the
achievement of the organization's business goals.
2. Conduct recruitment activities for assigned business
areas to include identifying the recruiting method and
coordination of advertising or recruiter contact,
coordinating the scheduling of interviews, interviewing
candidates, attending career fairs / scientific
conferences, university recruiting and managing
relationships with employee search firms. Perform
reference verifications, applicant rejections, prepare
and send offer letters and act as an ongoing liaison
with pending new hires.
3. Act as the primary employee and labor relations
contact and consultant to client groups. Coach
supervisors, managers and employee in matters related to
all facets of employee-company engagement and
4. Act as the sites primary labor relations contact for
the Local 61C of the United Chemical Worker’s. Handle
all initial grievances and assist as a team member
during contract negotiations.
5. Assist department managers with planning and
projecting current and future staffing needs and
translating this information into written position
6. With the Director, Human
Resources, facilitate a plan for employee development.
Help develop and implement an appropriate development
plan for identified individuals.
7. Coordinate and conduct various professional
development programs and compliance presentations (ex.
DDI Leadership training, Interview Skills Training,
Performance Management, Harassment and Discrimination,
8. Provide practical, consistent, and proactive support,
direction, coaching, and advice to other managers on HR
procedure, policy, best practice, employment rewards,
benefits, and legislation to facilitate in achieving the
objectives and targets of an organization.
9. Raising proactive issues with managers, identifying
practical solutions to complex and diverse HR issues,
and recommending appropriate action plans.
10. Participate in orientation process of bargaining
11. Conduct all other generalist duties as the Human
Resources contact for respective customer groups such
as: replying to requests for benefit plan
interpretation, general information, administering
educational assistance requests, coordinating department
12. Responsible for staying current in and ensuring
compliance with regulatory requirements and labor law
related to employment.
13. Assist with community and employee relations
activities as requested.
14. Participate in self-development activities.
15. Recommend and implement methods to increase the
quality of products and/or service.
16. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
17. Perform other related duties as may be reasonably
assigned in the course of business.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree with a major in business
administration or related field. Master Degree in
· 7-10 years of experience as a human resources manager
in a high energy environment. Experience in a technical
· Three (3) or more years experience managing
recruitment activities preferably in a technical field.
· Experience working with a bargaining unit.
Albany Molecular Research Inc. (AMRI) is a global contract research and manufacturing organization that has been working with the Life...