Manages the effective delivery of human resources policies, practices and programs for the corporate office and retail groups. Ensures that critical and priority needs are met in a timely and effective manner to preserve business stability and a fair, equitable, healthy work environment. Utilizes a high level of proficiency and expertise in all areas of HR, and works with a degree of autonomy.
- Collaborates with managers to identify issues, requirements and solutions. Diagnoses short-term and long-term problems and needs experienced by individuals and teams within the client group. Provides consultation directly or makes appropriate referrals to ensure that effective solutions are found and implemented. Coaches, advises and counsels directors and managers.
- Ability to consult and manage remotely. Strong understanding of the retail environment, including recruiting.
- Consults with management to identify issues, determine implications of business decisions and determine appropriate solutions. Ensures alignment of solutions with business strategies and plans.
- Provides full range of consulting to enable effective work relationships and work environments. Also participates in various HR special projects and initiatives at the request of VP - HR.
- Provides guidance and expertise in compensation, employee relations, change management, job evaluation, hiring approvals, performance management, HR policies and procedures, effective management techniques and workforce solutions.
- Serves as liaison between client group and other Kellwood services, including payroll, staffing, training, benefits, EAP and Legal.
- Maintains organization staff by recruiting, counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Works with VP –HR in preparing employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Works with VP – HR to assist in maintaining a pay plan by reviewing job evaluations; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and assisting in implementing of year end process.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits; conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Utilizes a high level of proficiency and expertise in all areas of HR such as Recuiting, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Compensation, Federal and State Laws requirements and training.
Must have retail store HR experience
Strong Communicator with excellent verbal and written skills.
Ability to manage complex issues and show flexibility and initiative.
Results focused with a win-win attitude.
At least 5+ years in a Generalist role.
College Degree or equivalent experience.
Kellwood Company - 19 months ago
Who would be one of the leading US apparel makers? Kellwood would. The firm generates most of its sales from women's wear, including...