Join the Industry Pioneer
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-400BDSF’s, B747-ERF’s, and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the ultimate career opportunity… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing support, coaching, and counsel to staff members and leadership team, and serves as the main point of contact for employee population within a multiple client groups including Flight Operations, System Operations, and Technical Services. As a member of the extended leadership team, this individual will interact and influence the implementation of Human Resources strategies and objectives including: Talent Management, Manager Development, Organization Design, Training & Development, Employee Relations, Diversity & Inclusion, Employee Engagement, Implementation of Change Management programs/ initiatives, Staffing, Legal and Compliance, Communications, and administering of Compensation and Benefits programs.
• Business Partner - Understand the business clients’ priorities and serve as a key member of the team to assist in driving business results. Drive systemic organizational and people strategies that are aligned to the business strategy. Build relationships with key decision makers within the functional units to ensure the alignment and support of business needs, objectives, goals, and operating priorities with Human Resource policies, procedures, and initiatives.
• Human Resources Excellence - Work collaboratively to diagnose manager and Team Member capability needs and design ongoing learning and development plans. Consult with leadership team to implement management capabilities that result in a transparent, inclusive and diverse environment. Identify key human resource needs, develop strategic solutions and create comprehensive human resource plans in support of key business needs in a fast paced, dynamic, changing environment.
• Management Development - Partner with business leaders to develop effective leadership and management succession planning. Ensure creation of a talent pipeline, succession planning, management development and career development for employees. Drive recruitment and develop strategies for client groups through insight to organization structure and clear identification of talent needs.
• Change Agent - Partner with, and coach, the business leadership team to facilitate organizational and cultural change. Act as a catalyst for building Organizational Effectiveness within the business.
• Process Manager - Lead implementation of core HR programs such as goal setting, performance and talent management and compensation management into the business ensuring an effective, sustainable people strategy over the long term. Effectively communicate HR programs to managers and employees.
Drive HR processes such as annual review, organizational effectiveness and performance management. Conduct investigations and make resolution recommendations. Monitor management practices and legal compliance issues with respect to policy, Federal, State, and Local laws. Actively participate in recruiting and on-boarding of the Cincinnati Operation Center employees. Communicate and inform business of HR initiatives, and ensure programs are aligned with culture of business unit. Partner with compensation on market pricing initiatives.
• Employee Advocate/Relations - Build management capability to facilitate an open and transparent environment that enables effective employee/labor relations. Ensure role is perceived as an objective employee resource and escalation path for unresolved employee relations issues.
• Minimum of 8 years related experience as human resources generalist to include responsibility for employee relations, recruiting, compensation, benefits, training and development, performance management, and change management.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s in Human Resources, or MBA and global HR experience preferred. PHR/SPHR certification desired.
• Knowledge of Performance Management tools, and methods and practices used to link the relationship between business goals and individual performance objectives, competencies, skills and knowledge.
• Ability to coach managers and employees on planning, tracking, reviewing and enhancing performance as well as career planning and development.
• Understanding of organizational dynamics and the ability to think strategically are essential.
• Strong business acumen, oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Proven ability to drive and manage organizational change in an effective and participative manner, specifically in partnering with the business in defining future state, developing change and communications plan, and executing the change and communications plan. Prior experience working with and influencing senior leaders is critical.
• Knowledge of total compensation principles and ability to apply them to compensation delivery (e.g., job evaluation, salary administration, and survey administration).
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Southern Air - 14 months ago