This position is responsible for the daily management of MRIGlobal’s information technology operations infrastructure and telecommunications systems, including acquisition, installation, maintenance, management of all equipment including computers, servers, networking hardware, etc., and the IT Service Desk including delivery of technical customer support and the acquisition, installation, maintenance, and management of all MRIGlobal personal computer systems (desktop, laptops). Responsible for maintaining software and hardware licensing, support, maintenance and security for all IT owned business and technical systems and data. Coordinates all IT security activities and responsibilities with the Information Systems Security Officer.
This position reports to the Manager, Information Technology and requires the use of computer hardware and software to manage and configure network resources. Independent decisions are made consistent with MRIGlobal and IT policies to ensure proper support for MRIGlobal’s technical and business operations, including 24/7 lab operations and staff support when necessary. Cooperates and promotes interaction and communication within the IT group and across MRIGlobal. Works and manages multidisciplinary project teams for IT and business projects. This position requires the ability to lift, carry, and physically handle IT infrastructure equipment including installing servers, SANs, and network equipment.
- Develops, manages, and monitors the IT Operations’ annual budget. Works with departmental staff on projects and budget responsibilities.
- Develops detailed budgets and schedules for complex projects.
- Keeps management and clients informed of money spent and progress made on projects.
- Prioritizes and assigns projects and to meet priorities and IT Operations goals.
- Develops cost-effective technology solutions and proposals to advance IT technology adoptions and IT Operations goals
- Maintains software and hardware licensing, support, and maintenance for IT owned business and technical systems.
- Consults with internal and external clients to determine network needs and system requirements, and/or network and computer utilization requests.
- Performs quality assurance function for all IT infrastructure, hardware, software, and business systems being introduced at MRIGlobal.
- Coordinates efforts of IT personnel to assist Technical Divisions in the preparation of proposals or delivery of work to Institute clients.
- Provides timely responses to client requests, troubleshoots IT issues and protects client information.
- Trains all users and administrators on LAN, WAN, and wireless LAN operations.
Internal Process accountabilities specific to this position:
- Manages the installation, testing, and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, computer systems, software, security, communications devices, lines, terminals, and automated information systems).
- Improves remote network access; provides remote communication options for traveling staff.
- Oversees IT infrastructure upgrades and/or implementations as necessary.
- Understands all client/server and web-based application architectures and administers database, communication, financial, and scientific applications.
- Develops server virtualization, addition, and consolidation plans and initiates recommended actions.
- Monitors and controls the performance and status of the network resources and audits automated information systems as defined.
- Independently identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Assists in planning, acquisition, installation, maintenance, and usage of MRIGlobal's LAN and WAN.
- Assists in the establishment of schedules for the utilization and maintenance of centralized computing equipment to obtain maximum utilization and to minimize down time.
- Evaluates LAN and WAN performance and maintains LAN security. Conducts and communicates network security and vulnerability assessment, including VPN.
- Develops standards, policies, and procedures. Recommends policy changes as needed and effectively communicates to all staff.
- Evaluates proposed software against standards, determines feasibility, and makes recommendations.
- Develops and maintains the IT Disaster Recovery Plan and organizes and oversees the periodic testing of the plan.
- Prepares, delivers, and maintains project, system, and infrastructure documentation.
People accountabilities specific to this position:
- Carriers out management responsibilities in accordance with MRIGlobal’s policies and applicable laws.
- Ensures appropriate selection and development of personnel to maintain a creative environment and the optimum utilization of staff.
- Provides leadership in the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the IT Operations team.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with external partners, vendors, and consultants.
- Outstanding team orientation, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong leadership abilities and problem-solving aptitude.
- Demonstrates understanding of LAN and WAN networking, Windows operating systems, and client/server applications including business and technical applications.
- Demonstrates understanding of VoIP telecommunications hardware and software.
- Ability to stay abreast of technology trends that may impact MRIGlobal; learn and incorporate new networking technologies to solve business needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with personnel, at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop and manage a budget, analyze and communicate variances, and prepare periodic forecasts.
- Ability to manage a cross-functional team, prioritize dynamic work requests, and oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks independently with close attention to detail.
- Ability to obtain and maintain required U.S. Government security clearances.
- Ability to work nights and weekends and support staff needs for 24/7 operation.
- Ability to travel as required
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Systems related field and 8 years of relevant experience; Master’s Degree in an Information Systems related field and 6 years of relevant experience. Prior managerial experience required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
MRIGlobal - 4 months ago
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...