The ITS Technical Support Manager position leads and manages an advanced group of Tier II and technical engineering support teams responsible for the support and remediation of complex incidents, product, and platform requests associated with Earthlink’s Cloud, I.T. Services, and Managed Security solutions. Technologies that this team supports include server virtualization, data center and premise-based security platforms, cloud-based VDI technologies, platform patch management, advanced server/application monitoring systems, data replication and back-up architectures, cloud-based asset management and antivirus services, and varying forms of enterprise email applications.
The ITS Technical Support Manager is responsible for managing the overall day to day technical support operations for the ITS organization. In doing so, they are responsible to manage all technical support requests, associated customer/internal communication OLAs, development/implementation of business and technical processes, hiring/training/mentoring resources, technical remediation, tools, and performance management. Key responsibilities also include management and development of the customer experience related to remediation of advanced technical support escalations. This includes cloud-based platform and application support, MAC order fulfillment, overall organizational performance management, resource development, metrics/KPI development, forecasting, reporting, 24x7 technical support coverage, on-call rotations, technical training and platform skills development, knowledgebase management/development, and SLA/OLA attainment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop/lead operational support routines, projects, and initiatives required to deliver advanced technical support for Earthlink’s Cloud & Managed Security Service Offerings.
- Build and develop a functional team of Tier II/III System, Network & Application technicians and engineers that provide IT Services cloud platform, network, server, application, and customer support.
- Continually implement improved advanced technical support practices and knowledge management to meet and/or exceed both standard and complex service level obligations (MTTR)
- Play leadership role in the on-going development, maintenance, and implementation of new technical support policies, methodologies and standards to improve the quality of services and evolving business requirements
- Monitoring & management of customer technical support escalation queues and/or incidents
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of Company’s network, systems & cloud architecture used to support the delivery of products
- Manage and develop cross-functional OLAs to ensure technical issues are effectively managed for circumstances that require cross-functional involvement.
- Manage staffing requirements and schedule to meet technical support coverage requirements ranging 24x7x365
- Promote and foster environment of pro-active and open communications with sales, customer, and operations teams at all times.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing product quality/integrity, customer satisfaction, and technical support standards; analyzes and resolves quality issues related to common technical problems by identifying trends; recommending improvements and directing changes
- Responsible for managing and enforcing documented ITS Services support processes and be expected to pro-actively manage to a series of operational performance metrics focused on efficiency and support/incident resolution timelines.
- Function independently and recommend changes to day-to-day operations, standards, policies, and procedures to maintain support capabilities and team morale.
- Work closely with project management during the implementation and transition phases to support operations to ensure the necessary data is collected, organized and maintained to provide ongoing high quality support and delivery service.
- Manage Engineering support team for optimal performance. Guide, mentor, and manage the team. Support cross training, educational development, and professional development.
- Responsible and accountable for overseeing employee’s performance including preparation and presentation of performance reviews for direct reports, reviewing and approving for indirect reports.
- Participate in on-call manager rotation for customer escalations or severity one events
- Responsible for supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with Earthlink policies.
- Manage process to escalate support concerns to associated NOC, Systems Infrastructure, and Network Engineering organizations.
- Ability to develop teams and associated new support processes/systems associated with progressive product offerings
- Ability to lead by example.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Exceptionally strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to display high-level technical competency during all phases of solution implementation and in support of solutions through transitions
- Ability to work in a team environment, pull cross-functional groups together, and keep the customer first at all times.
- Able to apply customer service and analytical skills in an IT environment.
- Excellent leadership, customer service, and people skills.
EarthLink Inc. - 15 months ago
Some of us spend way too much time online, and EarthLink is OK with that. The company provides Internet connections to more than 1 million...