The Centers of Excellence Manager provides guidance, leadership, and supervision to those positions reporting to the COE Manager. This position provides the guidance and direction for the effective continuation of and implementation of all existing and new policies and procedures as well as new initiatives of the company as proposed by the Executive Team. In addition, this position is responsible for providing the necessary and appropriate levels of management, coordination, and control over the Immunology department, the Patient Care Coordinators and manages employees, making sure all laws and regulations are followed, addressing and correcting problems and issues with patient accounts, ensuring the goals and objectives of the department are met.
- This position reports to the Sr. Manager or Sr. Director.
- Direct reports to this position are the Immunology Patient Care Coordinators and other designated staff in the Immunology Department.
- Education : Bachelor’s degree
- Experience : 4 years previous experience in pharmacy, insurance, management, and human resources.
- Licensing/Registration/Certification : Pharmacy Technician Certification is required if non-Pharmacist; If Pharmacist, minimum BS in Pharmacy required.
- Skills/Knowledge :
- Knowledge in the pharmacy, medical billing, and medical background is preferred.
- Have exceptional skills in reading, writing, and verbalizing in order to communicate effectively with employees, business associates, and vendors servicing the company’s needs.
- Possess excellent communication skills, a positive work attitude and willingness to learn and grow in the position.
- Should be organized and able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong customer service background.
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to multi-task.
- Be able to work well with various personalities and work as a team.
- Should be independent and self-motivated – able to work and accomplish goals with little to no supervision.
- Must be dependable and able to act with discretion maintaining levels of strict confidentiality.
- General knowledge of Internet navigation and research, e-mail, fax transmission, and copy equipment are essential.
- Physical : Sitting for prolonged periods of time at a desk. Walking, standing, bending, crouching and capable of lifting up to 35 pounds.
- Mental : Basic math skills and computer aptitude.
- Language : Fluency in English with outgoing personality that translates to phone skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reasoning : Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Technology : Proficient in Windows based operating systems and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Visio.
Variable in a climate controlled office environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned
- Travel to management meetings or trainings.
- Coordinate the activities of patient care coordinators and daily operational activities of the department.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures within the department.
- Supervise all Patient Care Coordinators, hire new staff as needed, and schedule current staff, provide appropriate job-training.
- Assure all procedures are followed concerning training in HIPAA and Medicare Part D. Fraud Training and procedures as they relate to patients profiles.
- Troubleshoot issues/problems with prescriptions, physician offices, and insurance companies and take corrective action when needed.
- Oversee the maintenance of appropriate patient records and computer entry of patient information.
- Make sure the Morale and spirit of motivation within the department is maintained. This includes the degree of cooperation, communication, and coordination between patient care coordinators and the degree of success in solving problems.
- Maintain, monitor, and help develop managerial metrics for the department.
Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy - 2 years ago