Business Title: Manager, Income Franchise Tax
Requisition Number: 34708
Function: Tax Services
Area of Interest: Accounting
Income Franchise Tax
When you choose KPMG as the place to build your career in tax, you can really add value. KPMG's tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. We are currently seeking a Manager to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in our Chicago office.
* Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax issues including compliance, advising, planning, and controversies
* Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and appeal meetings, and preparing protests
* Review information presented on state income tax returns before, during, and after preparation
* Assist KPMG audit teams with review and analysis of state tax-related income and balance sheet items
* Research and draft technical memoranda regarding income and franchise tax questions
* Supervise, mentor, and develop staff
* Five years of experience performing tax research and providing technical advice on multi-state tax issues
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
* Licensed CPA or J.D./LL.M. or MST (Master’s in Taxation) for non-CPA eligible candidates (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn’t currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
* Ability to develop business and foster client relationships
* Ability and desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
* Excellent writing, communication, and tax research skills
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG...