Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
The Corporate Relations organization leads the Company's public relations activities and strategies throughout the service territory and across all media by working with internal business partners and external stakeholders to communicate company objectives, policy positions to education the public about the utility's policies, safety matters and ongoing operations.
The Manager of Internal Communications supports the Sr. Manager, Internal Communications in the development and execution of the Internal Communications strategy, including developing relevant messaging, building relationships within the enterprise and ensuring messaging alignment with line of business goals.
The successful candidate will possess strong strategic and tactical skills; A high degree of organizational/business acumen and the ability to work with individuals in all levels of the organization; Excellent organizational skills, ability to consistently meet deadlines and attention to detail combined with superb oral and written communication skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of corporate communications experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or Journalism, an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience counseling and coaching executives, managers and colleagues on communications related issues
Development and Strategy:
- Supports the director, Internal Communications in the development and execution of the Internal Communications strategy, including developing relevant messaging, building relationships within the enterprise and ensuring messaging alignment with line of business goals
- Partners closely with company and line of business leadership to remain current on challenges and opportunities affecting the company and its employees. Makes recommendations on how to best frame and position key issues utilizing strategic communication approaches and vehicles
- Develops plans focused on increasing employee engagement through the strategic communication of business strategy, priorities and vision
- Serves as a change agent in advancing new initiatives and supporting business changes, culture shaping and key business priorities
- Provides a variety of writing support including executive communications such as talking points, organizational announcements, and employee correspondence
- Works with other Corporate Relations colleagues, Change Management and Human Resources to ensure consistency in messages with line of business initiatives
- Provides strategic and content oversight for all Internal Communications events including the annual Leadership Forum, Officer and Director Meetings and All-Employee Meetings
- Regularly assesses effectiveness of communications programs and makes adjustments as needed
- Manages costs by managing expense and capital expenditures within authorized amount; reviewing all invoices and purchase order goods receipts for accuracy; processing invoices in accordance with all applicable guidelines; monitoring, approving and processing all employee expenses in accordance with standard policies
- Develops and maintains thorough understanding of PG&E's overall business plan, key business drivers and stakeholders, and new and ongoing initiatives
- Leads safety by creating a safety culture within the workgroup; educating each member of the workforce about the importance of taking a proactive, personal role in the identification and prevention of incidents; ensuring employees always follow established safe work practices and procedures; integrating safety and health into every successful job completion
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- 2 years ago - save job
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...