Join the Industry Pioneer
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-400BDSF’s and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the ultimate career opportunity… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
Reports to: Director of Materials
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
NO RELO OFFERED.
- In the Absence of the Manager of Inventory Control, he/she may delegate authority in accordance with Chapter 2 of the A-001 Systems Integration Manual.
- Shall positively support and promote safety, security and quality as a fundamental function of the overall responsibility.
- Ensures that all parts coming from certified repair stations or the OEM avoid having unapproved parts placed in the system.
- Ensures compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations, ATA standards, and Company policy.
- Provides management reports; alerts management to areas of concern.
- Ensures security of the technical spares inventory.
- Ensures that shelf life procedures are being followed.
- Ensures availability of personnel after hours and weekend Material Control support.
- Monitors to ensure all Material Control functions, such as receiving, binning, shipping and issuing of Company technical spares.
- Monitors disposition of components for repair/overhaul/exchange.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of calibrated tools and equipment.
- Ensures that aircraft components are properly tagged, and that tag(s) are completed properly.
- Supervises procurement process of aircraft parts and related material. Initiates and processes purchasing action for provisioning and re-provisioning.
- Participates in selection of vendors for outside contract work.
- Assumes responsibility for returning to the supplier those components contained in pooling and/or contractual agreements.
- Monitors the receiving material and processing documentation in accordance with the Company Receiving Inspection Process.
- Assumes responsibility for the planning, acquisition and administration at optimum balance of cost, quality and supplier service of all material required to support aircraft maintenance.
- Develops new sources of supply that are more cost effective.
- Direct, monitor and reports on procurement projects.
- Ensures adherence to the approved Maintenance Provider List.
- Determines that all materials and equipment received for use in the maintenance of the Company's aircraft conform to those standards prescribed by Federal Aviation Regulations, and Company policy.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Director of Materials.
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Southern Air - 22 months ago