Job Purpose: |
This position is responsible for maximizing return on inventory investment by leading a team of inventory analysts tasked with effectively purchasing, flowing, and allocating inventory. The position is accountable for delivering sales and margin goals through impeccable execution of the Merchandise Department’s sales, profit, and growth strategies. In addition, the position will maintain cross functional department affiliations to further the success of Inventory Management. The ideal candidate will be steadfast and passionate regarding the execution of their business while adhering to annual budgets and achieving key metrics.
- Manage and support the implementation of the replenishment and inventory strategy to support assortment, merchandise, and promotional plans while achieving key metrics
- Collaborate with Divisional Merchandise Manager, Buying Teams, Merchandise Analysts, and other cross functional departments such as Transportation and Store Operations to support promotional events, replenish inventory, and make inventory recommendations regarding business trends
- Develop and monitor the execution of seasonal builds and exit strategies to maximize inventory turn and service levels
- Review buying multiples, minimums, site/article set up, replenished forecasts, and vendor maintenance to optimize inventory performance
- Train Inventory analysts and ensure compliance with best practices including forecasting, profiling, and replenishment by utilizing exception based reporting and analysis of key metrics.
- Coordinate and assist in the execution of inventory decisions, vendor projections, and inventory budgets to maintain the Open to Buy and Open to Spend
- Structure workload of inventory analysts so that the team can successfully execute job responsibilities
- Oversee planning and execution of article-site inventory at stores and DC's for Merchandise Division
Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Finance, Logistics, Statistics, or similar work experience, management/supervisory experience along with 4-5 years experience in Planning or Inventory Management, preferable in a retail environment. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent computer skills with high preference to replenishment/allocation systems (SAP, E3, etc.)
- Ability to communication with all levels of management.
- Proficient with spreadsheets and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong and demonstrated analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
- Capable of solving complex problems.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Individuals in this position will encounter ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in any typical office environment. Individuals may need to sit at a desk or table for long periods of time; to speak clearly and carefully listen to customers; to reach over shoulder heights; crouch or stoop below the waist; repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds; and lifting as required to file documents or store materials during the workday.
At Tractor Supply Company we’re much more than tractors. We’re a team of passionate individuals dedicated to the rural...