This role operates across the Knowledge Management (KM) team focusing on information and content management, as well as technical implementations, enhancements, and integrations for Global Medical Affairs (GMA) systems.
The incumbent will serve as a technical interface to Shire IT and/or systems vendors in providing technical support to current and future GMA systems, and will engage across the Medical Customer Engagement team (MCE) in the development of internal and external customer facing web sites and information delivery tools.
The incumbent will identify and implement information delivery projects for our target customers. These projects include, but are not limited to, external-facing medical inquiry portals, mobile applications for internal and external information consumption, and integration work across existing GMA applications.
The incumbent will serve as a subject-matter expert in supporting content management and integrations in GMA systems including, but not limited to: Publication Management Systems, Document Management Systems, MSL Contact Management Systems, Slide Management Systems, MSL iPad Apps, Medical Enquiry Systems, intranet pages, and SharePoint sites.
The incumbent will interface with multiple areas of R&D (primarily GMA) to collect content, apply proper tagging and formatting, load into systems and manage the expiration of the content. In addition, the incumbent will be expected to work across the KM team to document information and process flows related to workflow and content creation and consumption.
The incumbent supports system enhancements and implementations as assigned and will be involved in writing system requirements, evaluating vendors/products, forming subject matter expert groups within R&D (primarily GMA) and documenting results of group meetings, writing and executing user acceptance testing, data migration activities, and compiling Software Development Lifecycle documentation.
- Content and Database Management
- System Enhancements, Implementations, and Integrations
Education & Experience Requirements
- BA/BS degree required (degree in scientific or information science related discipline preferred); MA/MS preferred
- 7 years relevant pharmaceutical industry experience required, with emphasis on systems implementation and information identification and integration (10 years experience preferred)
- Demonstrated vendor management experience
- Demonstrated experience in web site and web application implementation
- Demonstrated experience in mobile application deployment
- Global industry experience preferred
- Validation experience preferred
Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives
Shire is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Shire - 19 months ago
Shire plc (Shire) is a specialty biopharmaceutical company that focuses on meeting the needs of the specialist physician. Shire focuses its...