This position is responsible for championing, implementing, and managing the organization’s best practices and database. This includes capturing, documenting, and sharing knowledge and intellectual capital that exists throughout the organization and transforming it into usable content that is topically relevant, easy to consume, and designed to promote the reusability to benefit internal stakeholders and (as appropriate) our client partners. A successful Best Practices Manager will foster strong partnerships with business and functional leaders to drive success of knowledge management initiatives as well as have an innate curiosity to understand the challenges that our clients are facing and the role that knowledge management plays in positioning us as thought leaders capable of addressing these challenges.
- Promote and improve integration of best practices and knowledge sharing in support of the organization's business goals by strengthening links between knowledge sharing and content related systems/platforms
- Assist in the development of the knowledge management approach and standards, and supporting processes, to ensure that enterprise knowledge is accurate, complete, secure and reliable
- Conduct external research as needed on emerging trends, industry verticals, solution strategies, etc.
- Manage a knowledge management framework and infrastructure (including processes, technologies, tools/templates and training) to support the framework
- Foster a culture of knowledge sharing
- Establish content standards for the knowledge sharing systems/platforms
- Establish metrics to measure key performance indicators including adoption, consumption, relevance and effectiveness of content
- Work closely with stakeholders to create accurate, relevant, and timely content developed for the insertion into the knowledge repositories for internal or external customer needs
- Collaborate with adjacent teams to leverage and reuse knowledge sources for related content needs
- Conduct periodic gap analysis to keep the knowledge sharing systems/platforms up-to-date and relevant
Skills and Experience
Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to get consensus and collaboration across many business units; ability to explain concepts in layman's language; ability to generate enthusiasm; ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff, establishes straightforward, productive relationships treating all individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrates sensitivity to cultural and gender differences; shows great drive and commitment to the organization’s mission; inspires others. Maintains high standards of personal integrity, demonstrates a positive attitude and professional maturity.
- Client Orientation:
Understands clients' needs and concerns; responds promptly and effectively to client needs with appropriate sense of urgency; Provides solutions to business challenges.
Self-starter, idea contributor, results orientation, proactive, strikes balance between analysis and delivery, commitment to organizational goals, flexible and effective at multi-tasking.
Collaborates within own unit and across organizational boundaries; acknowledges others' contributions; works effectively with individuals of different culture and gender; willing to seek help as needed.
- Influencing and resolving differences across organizational boundaries
: Gaining support and commitment from others even without formal authority; resolving differences by determining needs and forging solutions that benefit all parties; promoting collaboration and facilitating teamwork across organizational boundaries.
- Learning and knowledge sharing:
open to new ideas; shares own knowledge; applies knowledge in daily work; builds partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 3 - 5 years of related business experience
- Knowledge of contact services industry and best practices a plus
- Experience successfully managing complex, cross-functional, mission-critical business initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills to interact with management and project team members
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully develop cross-functional relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully develop and present concepts, strategies and proposals to all levels of both internal and external/client management
- Must possess ability to work independently, formulate sound business decisions, have strong prioritization and follow-up skills, and initiate and complete projects in a time critical environment
- Strong written communication skills including content development, writing requirements and specifications, technical documentation of processes
- Excellent team player who can work with virtual and global team members
- Experience with Knowledge Management, Search applications, and CRM systems
- Results oriented, with a bias for action
- Fact based and data driven
- Knowledge of PC applications, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel on a periodic basis. (Approx. 20%)
Stream Global Services - 10 months ago
How far do you want to climb the Stream career ladder? With our promote-from-within philosophy and your talent and ambition to succeed,...