Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
This position is responsible for running the Labor Operations of Merch AND Services that allocate and manages all store labor and leads a team of 4 direct reports.
Directly supervises 4 employees in the Labor Management Department and oversees the vision and strategy of the District Labor Experts. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages the Store Labor Management Operations in Merch and/or Services.
• Responsible and Accountable for all aspects of labor budgeting, forecasting, and allocation.
• Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
• Works closely with the Finance Department to ensure sales and labor forecasts are in alignment.
• Work in concert with Information Systems to ensure that PS² maintains the required level of user availability and that upgrades, patches, repairs, and UAT testing are performed in a timely manner. Identifies labor issues, how they relate to our systems and provide solution recommendations
• Works with Field Management to identify poor performers to improve labor utilization in the stores.
• Responsible for educational training for store and field management on the proper utilization of the Store Labor Management system
• Recommends methods for improving associate efficiency. Establishes work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
• Continually reviews PetSmart's Labor Management policies and procedures, including comparisons to competitors and other retailers, to insure that PetSmart is an industry leader in Labor Management.
• Compiles data relating to research area, such as employment, productivity, and wages and hours. Reviews and analyzes data in order to prepare reports detailing results of investigation.
• Challenges the current utilization of labor to ensure we are investing labor in the most productive and cost effective manners possible. Promotes an environment of process improvement.
• Provides for sound and timely managerial decisions and controls through provision of evaluated financial operational data and information to management.
• Reviews operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting labor needs.
• Consults with management to ensure adjustments are made in accordance with program changes in order to facilitate long-term planning.
• Participates in administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives.
• Confers with top management and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals and objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
Implied Authority - The Labor Team does not have any direct authority over the stores. Therefore, it is imperative that there are strong relationships and effective communication to keep labor spending in line with budget expectations. It is necessary to work directly with Field Management (RVP, RD, DM) to indirectly influence the utilization of this asset in our stores.
Shared Management - The services aspects of payroll are shared across two VP's. Management of the service payroll involves much more communication and research than the core labor departments.
This position has direct responsibility shared with one or more individuals that clearly impacts the budget.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
• Four to six year's related Labor Management experience (including responsibility for automated Labor Management systems)
• Background in Store Operations Management is preferred
• Demonstrated success translating ambiguous data or requests into action and results
• Demonstrated proficiency with MicroSoft programs
• Demonstrated business and financial acumen required
COMPLEXITY AND PROBLEM-SOLVING
Work tasks are complex and substantial analysis is required. Independent problem solving is required.
• Ability to demonstrate intermediate to advanced finance skills (i.e. budgeting and forecasting)
• Ability to demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills
• Ability to demonstrate intermediate to advanced Excel and Access application skills
• Ability to demonstrate solid negotiating skills
• Ability to demonstrate a broad knowledge of Labor IS systems knowledge, with specific knowledge of Kronos Labor software
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...