Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients – from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights – from demand to impact – to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We’re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family… together we can Make a World of Difference.
Research & Policy
The Research and Policy team identifies technologies that save energy, develops standardized test procedures for those products, and assists government agencies, companies, and utilities in developing energy efficiency specifications. It also designs programs to accelerate market adoption of the most energy efficient products.
Ecova is an ideal work environment for individuals who want to have a decisive impact on climate change, air quality, energy security and other national policy priorities through market-based approaches. The work is diverse, fast-paced, and collaborative, allowing motivated employees to advance rapidly while developing their own skills and capabilities.
Ecova is seeking to fill a Manager, Laboratory position in the Durango, Colorado office. As a Manager, Laboratory you will work on cutting-edge research and policy topics at the intersection of energy and environmental issues. You will be able to develop close relationships with colleagues while shaping today’s energy policy and your own future. As a member of the Research and Policy team, you will experience having a decisive impact on government policies and corporate actors in the energy-efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability fields.
Responsible for managing Ecova Accredited Lab and managing it as a service in support of Research & Policy deliverables to clients.
- Manages and oversees all aspects of Ecova’s research laboratory projects in support of industry-leading breakthrough energy efficiency research and policy work.
- Manages of lab projects including milestone delivery and deadlines, operational and client budgets, financial management and reporting, timely task delivery, monitoring and summarization of data delivery progress, and internal cross-functional team participation.
- Ensures that laboratory services provided consistently meet internal and external client needs. Current lab services focus on consumer electronics, lighting, and appliance testing.
- Recommends investments in lab equipment based on solid business case and ROI.
- Manages, develops and implements product testing activities to maximize ROI of laboratory equipment and services.
- Responsible for staff development, staff performance management, and talent acquisition for the laboratory.
- Supports training and developing technical talent to ensure consistent quality delivery of laboratory services.
- Assists project teams with coordination and support related to laboratory testing services, including data management, product storage management, and reporting.
- Prepares reports for internal/external clients and technical project status and technical findings.
- Responsible for preparing project proposals for custom lab services for clients, including budgets, scope of work, research design, including crafting the written narrative to substantiate the choice of research design.
- Oversees day-to-day operational laboratory program management to support client deliverables, including troubleshooting equipment, supporting quality management, and maintaining compliance with ISO/IEC 17025in support of the lab’s accredited status.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or related field.
- 5 or more years of experience with laboratory management, including at least 3 years of staff management.
- 8 or more years experience in electronics, appliances, product design, science or engineering required.
- Experience presenting complex data is required.
- Work experience in electronics or appliances (thermodynamic and mechanical) including related laboratory background required.
- Demonstrated project and resource management to provide services on time, budget and scope in a lab environment
- Subject matter expertise in energy efficiency preferred; interest in learning appliance, electronics, and lighting energy efficiency required.
- Experience in some of the following areas is preferred, though not required: televisions; set-top boxes; external power supplies; internal power supplies; secondary power supplies; computers; monitors and other displays; servers; data centers; uninterruptible power supplies; heat pumps; clothes dryers; smart grid enabled appliances; residential and commercial lighting.
- Strong ability to communicate technical subjects to a variety of audiences, both in written and verbal form.
- Strong abilities in building relationships with clients, project managers and team members.
- Familiarity with and/or expertise in electronic circuit design or appliance design and systems is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a lab to ISO/IEC 17025 strongly preferred.
- Ability to wire electrical instrumentation to support accurate measurement required.
- Ability to conduct uncertainty analysis based on test procedure and equipment tolerances required.
- Knowledge of LabVIEW preferred.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Ecova - 12 months ago