Accountable for developing and delivering liquids formulation and dosage delivery solutions by partnering with Dietary Supplement customers and Capsugel Sales and Marketing groups.
- Support the sales and IBT plans for Liquids by leading the creation of new and innovative formulations; improving the overall profitability of the business by improving capsule and material yields through effective formulation and testing of products; supporting and educating the Sales force by giving direct and indirect technical support with customers throughout the selling process.
- Plan, coordinate, and drive all scientific activities in the Greenwood Formulation Development Center.
- Provide leadership in the design and execution of formulating experiments, optimization, and other data or information gathering situations under GMP conditions that will be used in the development of dietary supplement dosage forms.
- Define and implement policies and actions to maintain the highest level of quality of clinical processes and services.
- Provide expertise in process and manufacturing controls.
- Coordinate the review and update of all procedures.
- Participate in the training of colleagues and facilitate the necessary communication to the entire facility.
- BS degree in Engineering or Science field required; Masters level preferred.
- 10 years experience in manufacturing, process development and professional management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in business management with an overall understanding of the different principles impacting the P&L such as marketing and sales, budgeting, manufacturing, finance, and planning.
- An extensive understanding of process development and analysis for the purpose of continuous improvement in all associated functions
- Possess a strong general understanding of the formulation development process and the rules and regulations governing such.
- Demonstrated ability to apply scientific principles and techniques to assigned projects.
- Knowledge of R&D process and associated commercial environment.
- Must be outcome oriented, be able to work independently, and have good interpersonal savvy.
- Computer literate, familiar with statistics and project management software.
- Track record of juggling multiple projects successfully.
- Clear communicator in both oral and written form.
- Must be able to work across regions and multiple functions to accomplish strategies and objectives.
- Formulation experience in OTC market.
- Relevant advanced degree (i.e., MS degree in engineering/science).
- Related experience in a Dietary and/or Pharma regulatory environment.