Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with area community and local government groups and officials. Implement corporate strategy within the assigned area to support operational initiatives as they relate to capital projects and community relations.
ITC Job Responsibilities
ITC Job Qualifications
- Negotiate with local government units when local public policies/rules/ordinances impact the Company's business.
- Implement a full range of corporate initiatives within the area as outlined in the Local Government and Community Affairs strategic plan devoted to capital project approvals, project support, police and fire education, municipal emergency preparedness response training, tree clearance and vegetation management education, franchising and customer complaint resolution.
- Conduct public open houses, public informational meetings, and key influencer leadership summits required for obtaining capital project approvals. Act as Company spokesperson at these meetings.
- Provide technical guidance for the routing of transmission lines and the siting of substations with special focus on the community and social aspects. Coordinate with other Company departments early in development as routes and sites are identified.
- Obtain or negotiate renewals of municipal franchise agreements.
- Coach, mentor, train, develop, motivate and supervise staff. Assign and review work and appraise employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Political Science, Business Administration, Communications, Mass Communications, Organizational Management, Management, Engineering or related field
- Five years relevant experience developing relationships with governmental officials, community members or customers in either a regulated environment or as a government official.
- One year of supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of local and state government processes and operations.
- Working knowledge of technical routing and siting requirements for capital projects preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, including: the ability to convey complex information clearly, concisely, and effectively and a demonstrated ability to create and deliver presentations to audiences of varying knowledge level and size.
- Must be diplomatic, and have the ability to build relationships with a strong professional presence and demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Ability to negotiate on Company’s behalf.
- Demonstrated ability to handle adversarial situations effectively and diplomatically.
- Basic understanding of engineering terminology.
- Ability to read and interpret site drawings.
- Ability to represent the Company at meetings outside of normal business hours and ability to travel locally and regionally.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.