Job Purpose & Responsibilities
SABIC Polymershapes headquartered in Huntersville, North Carolina is the leading distributor of plastic materials and related products in the Americas serving customers in the image, transportation, industrial, and building and construction markets. Our broad portfolio of trusted brands, coupled with the largest branch network in the industry makes SABIC Polymershapes one of the most respected distributors in North and South America.
SABIC Polymershapes, is a strategic business within SABIC Innovative Plastics, one of the world’s leading providers of advanced engineering thermoplastics with revenues of $6.88B and over 9,000 employees operating in 40 countries. We are backed by our parent company, SABIC – one of the top 10 petrochemical companies in the world, bringing a legacy of material expertise, innovation and unmatched commitment to our customers.
At a time when many companies are rationalizing or retrenching, SABIC Polymershapes is implementing a strategy designed to achieve rapid growth. Founded on four core values – Inspire, Engage, Create and Deliver - we differentiate ourselves on flawless execution, world-class customer support and uncompromising integrity.
The SABIC culture provides a unifying business performance focus and builds on the strengths of our multi-cultural family. Our people are passionate, highly motivated and results-oriented. Their energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to driving performance every day are key to SABIC Polymershapes’ continued growth and success. It doesn’t matter where you’ve come from, as a long as you have a history of success, a strong desire to excel in our business and want to work as part of a winning team to create growth.
SABIC offers a competitive base salary plus incentive compensation and an unparalleled benefits program that includes a pension and 401-K plan with match.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Logistics Black Belt is responsible for ensuring that the company’s logistics processes, systems and structures are aligned with the business strategy and are consistently executed according to “best-in-class” service and efficiency criteria throughout the world.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, with proven ability to lead a team. In addition, the candidate must be able to operate in a highly-matrixed environment, communicate with all levels of the organization, influence and gain commitment and continuously develop the talent around them.
Responsibilities include: (1) Lead lean projects supporting supply chain initiatives and utilize six sigma tools to identify and implement DMAIC projects to reduce Logistics’ cost and improve service. (2) Develop and implement optimized warehouse management solutions, including oversight of space/capacity planning throughout the company’s global logistical network. (3) Establish work processes for continuous improvement in the S&OP and customer fulfillment processes using Lean concepts, best practice benchmarking methodology and periodic process assessments. (4) Collaborate across the organization to optimize the supply chain networks for both short-term and long-term improvements.
• Create visibility and accountability on vital X’s through rigorous review processes
• Execute on and track Total Cost Out (TCO) projects to help deliver overall transportation variable cost productivity targets
• Support, if required, logistic process improvements and inventory reduction initiatives (returns, blending, aged transfers, etc.) through Lean or other process controls. Projects will likely involve multiple functions within the supply chain (e.g. sourcing, customer service, materials management, commercial, finance, logistics, etc.). As a result of diverse projects, this role will develop a clear understanding of the entire order to remittance process and its linkages.
• Utilize specific knowledge of the logistics market, trends and capabilities to identify best practices and areas for cost reductions and saving opportunities.
• BS/BA Degree
• Green Belt Certification
• 5+ years progressive experience in transportation, logistics or supply chain management
• Six Sigma project management, coaching, mentoring, with quantifiable growth/process/operational improvements
• Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and transfer knowledge and foster an enthusiastic learning environment
• Strong data manipulation and analytical skills with expert knowledge of MS Excel, Access or Oracle
• Results-oriented, strong follow-up skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple and competing priorities
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to recommend alternate solutions and translate complex concepts into simplified and understandable examples
• Strong personal accountability and track record of establishing aggressive targets and delivering on commitments
• Demonstrated experience in successfully managing multiple quality/process improvement projects
• Ability to drive change and work seamlessly across all levels of the organization
• Ability to integrate Six Sigma into company strategies
• Highly effective relationship management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Travel Required.
• Must submit your application for employment through www.sabic-ip.com /careers to be considered.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must pass a background investigation as part of the selection process
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
• If currently a SABIC Innovative Plastics employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 18 months, have at least a satisfactory rating, and have your manager’s approval.
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 22 months ago