Heineken USA Incorporated is one of America’s premier beer importers and the US subsidiary of the world’s second largest brewer.
The Heineken Company is the exclusive importer of Heineken Lager Beer and Amstel Light.
Heineken USA has evolved toward a portfolio-oriented company. As of 2005, Heineken USA entered into an agreement with Femsa Cerveza unit of Mexican brewer Fomento Economico Mexican (CCM) and will head the sales, distribution and marketing of the brands Tecate, Dos Equis, Sol, Bohemia and Carta Blanca.
In 2006, Heineken USA updated a flagship brand and began to test market the first major U.S. line extension of the Heineken name in more than 125 years. In 2006, Heineken USA introduced a smooth, new luxury light brand Heineken Premium Light.
GROWTH IS THE MAIN THEME AT Heineken USA. We are about growing our business, our categories and our image of our brands. We are about growing our people in terms of their development—personally and professionally.
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for a Manager, Logistics .
Area of responsibility:
The Logistics Manager is responsible for overseeing the physical flow of goods across three distinct supply chains. This includes ocean freight, warehousing operations and inland transportation to our network of distributors. The role is also responsible for the management of 3PL service providers through a robust KPI and review process. In addition, the role is a subject matter expert in warehousing and transportation network capabilities, governance, planning, and operations. Furthermore, this role will be called on for project management skills as well as spearheading our sustainability agenda with supply chain partners.
Key activities include:
1. Manage 3PL warehouse and transportation providers
· Manage logistic vendor contracts - $170M of annual spend
· Maintain and update SOP Manuals, and ensure vendor compliance
· Lead Quarterly Business Reviews process with key vendors
· Conduct warehouse site visits and inspections
· Set and analyze Vendor KPI’s
· Develop vendor-specific Monthly KPI scorecard
· Address, troubleshoot, and resolve day-to-day in/outbound logistics and customs issues
· Manage and reconcile returnable assets
· Report vendor CO2 data compliance with Heineken global sustainability agenda
2. Serve as project lead on supply chain improvement initiatives: Serving as a key contributor and thought leader for the implementation of supply chain initiatives.
Sample activities include:
· Compiling data and assess data
· Conducting various analysis (e.g., what-if) aimed at supply chain improvement
· Organize project plans, develop reporting, and lead project meetings
· Assessing improvement opportunities in the supply chain and working with all relevant parties to develop a relevant business case including cost savings, complexity reductions, etc
3. Manage implementation and handover of projects: Responsible for leading projects from development to implementation.
· Design implementation approach and plan
· Work with all parties involved to insure successful and timely implementation
· Provide perspective after implementation including revisiting business case to insure ambitions of initiative are met
· Highlight key learnings from implementation to insure improvement moving forward.
4. Relationship Management
· In addition to Vendor Management, build and maintain relationships with US Customs & Border Protection, Port Authorities, Terminal Operators, alternate vendor base
· Develop in-house expertise in local/regional warehousing and transportation laws and regulations
5. Analytical/Problem Solving: Strong quantitative/problem solving skills are a core requirement of this job.
· Develop complex Excel spreadsheets. Must be able to convert detailed data into broad scenarios while clearly identifying assumptions and decision points.
6. Special projects: Participate and lead in special projects as necessary.
- Problem Analysis
· Planning & Acting Strategically
· Judgment & Decision Making
· Effective Presentations
· Influence, Persuasion and Collaboration
· Innovation & Creativity
· Managing Change
· Business Planning & Development
· Knowledge of the Company, Products and I/S Category
· Trade / Business Math
Learning & Applying Knowledge
Background / Experiences:
- Highest level of education achieved: BS – Industrial Engineering
· Supply chain experience: 6-9 Years (vendor contract management)
· Functional expertise: Warehousing, multi-modal transportation, network optimization, vendor management, Supply Chain Planning, consulting, process improvement, industrial engineering, project management.
· Budgeting, contract management, general supply chain, business negotiations, process improvement.
Heineken - 10 months ago
Heineken is one of the world's leading brewers, with a wide international presence through a global network of distributors and breweries....