Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. Virgin America incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that’s reinventing domestic flying through award-winning service and innovative amenities.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Main Purpose of the Role
Manage the maintenance planning of Virgin America’s line, heavy and project maintenance requirements.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Professional Experience Required
- Facilitates the planning and execution of the maintenance program requirements.
- Develop and continuously improve standard work for the planning team and interfacing departments.
- Ensure timely planning for short and long term maintenance forecasting of line, heavy and project maintenance visits.
- Coordinate the plan for line maintenance, station manpower and equipment.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled performance and process improvement meetings with maintenance operations and required stakeholders.
- Manage maintenance material provider’s daily performance.
- Coordinate aircraft maintenance scheduling with Operations and Airline Scheduling.
- Develop and maintain planning team recovery plan for maintenance planning functions.
- Lead, coach and develop maintenance planners.
- Perform planner duties as required.
- 3 years as aircraft maintenance planning manager for Part 121 or 135 Operations.
- 6 years or more experience with Part 121 air carrier maintenance program planning and execution experience.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Competent in airframe, engine and component maintenance programs.
- Valid A&P Certificate
- Preferred four (4) year college degree
- Experienced Microsoft Office and MS Project software
- Experience with Maintenance and Engineering Tracking Systems
- Able to demonstrate verbal and written communication skills
- Able to foster a positive and collaborative work environment
- Able to demonstrate proficient leadership and decision making skills while under pressure
Travel and meet with station team members
- Able to work rotating shifts, nights and weekends.
Virgin America - 19 months ago
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...