Responsible for assisting the Director - Maritime Audit Services to ensure that shipboard operations and procedures are followed in accordance with the Safety Management System Corporate Standards and that relevant International, National, Flag State and Local Regulations are being followed.
To perform internal audits, focused reviews, independent reviews and evaluations of any and all operations and activities to assess compliance with policies, laws, and regulations which could have significant impact upon operations, including: -
Compliance with the company Management Systems, where it applies to the International Safety Management (ISM)Code and all internal Health, Environmental, Safety and Security policies and procedures.
The reliability and integrity of internal controls over Health, Environmental, Safety and Security.
The effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
Enter completed audit reports into the corporate tracking system for review and action.
To assess follow-up and report on management's progress in implementing agreed upon opportunities.
To exercise discretion in the review of records to ensure confidentiality of all matters that comes to attention.
To establish and maintain effective business relationships with operating management and to project a positive and pro-active image of Maritime Audit Services.
To provide supervision, training and coaching to staff on an ongoing basis.
To undertake relevant training, networking and studies as required ensuring continuing professional development and adherence established maritime audit standards.
To perform investigations, as assigned.
To perform any other reasonable duties as and when required.
- Marine Engineering Degree or equivalent with minimum 5 years cruise ship experience preferable
- Confident in communicating effectively and constructively at all levels and by different means (written, verbal, listening).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good judgment
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge of maritime regulations and requirements, applicable to passenger ships.
- High level of professionalism/independence/confidentiality.
- Inquisitive/assertive demeanor.
- Consistent and disciplined approach that allows accomplishment of objectives and the effective management of projects.
Holland America Line Inc - 16 months ago