Pay Rate Range
$46,900 to $89,100/yr DOE
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Under minimal supervision, responsible for planning, organizing, directing and/or controlling all aspects pertaining to marketing functions of assigned department’s internal and external customer service, human resource and financial management operations pertaining to areas including (but not limited to) strategic planning, product performance, development, events management, and promotional activities. Researches and develops pricing policies and recommends appropriate sales channels. Acts as a catalyst between the department and its customers and staff to ensure continuity and quality of service and care.
1. Plans, organizes, directs and/or manages marketing functions of assigned unit, including strategic market assessment and planning and financial oversight of marketing activities consistent with University of Utah policies.
2. Develops written content for marketing initiatives and manages marketing events.
3. Serves as a liaison between assigned University of Utah Health Sciences research and/or academic unit and its constituents to ensure promotion of desired message or service.
4. Coordinates closely with other University marketing and public affairs operations.
5. Markets and promotes new and existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
6. May participate in University-wide committees to establish marketing standards and administrative plans and policies.
7. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships.
8. Ensures competency of staff, as applicable, through the development and/or presentation of educational programs and through ongoing staff performance evaluations.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency and four to six years of progressively more responsible management experience. Background knowledge of hiring department’s area of specialization in order to analyze, plan and draw conclusions for recommendations to superiors. Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department. Master’s degree in a related area may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Must have excellent writing skills.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Special Instructions Summary
University of Utah - 9 months ago
Set in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountain Range, the University of Utah’s educational habitat provides breathtaking views of the...