Life-changers work here
CareFusion Life-changers find innovative ways to improve our customers' ability to provide healthcare to their patients. One way is our search for bold and inspired employees across the globe. Are you ready to change lives? Join our 15,000 employees to help clinicians solve some of healthcare's most critical challenges.
Meet one of our Life-changers. http://www.youtube.com/carefusion
CareFusion Business Description
Our Infection Prevention business delivers clinically-proven products and technologies designed to help prevent infections and improve the quality of care. These include our ChloraPrep skin prep products as well as other pre-operative prepping products, surgical hair products, antimicrobial soaps and gels, surgical scrub brushes and general soaps and lotions.
Job Family Summary
Materials Management is responsible for the management of material inventory levels to ensure that raw material components and manufactured products are available when needed to satisfy the plant and customer requirements. Responsibilities include the planning and procurement of material components to minimize obsolescence and overstock situations while achieving maximum customer service levels.
· Apply an advanced knowledge of materials and supply chain management and draw upon substantial experience to identify and/or solve complex business problems. and implement continuous improvement projects
· Develop and manage policies that effectively meet customer demand and financial commitment to coordinate the scheduling of manufacturing to sales and marketing, production and materials.
· Understand, comply with and implement the policies of Quality, Safety, Health and Environment and those that apply to the Company.
· Manage and report the performance of the organization of materials in terms of operational objectives and goals of the company.
· Manages inventory and develop strategies to ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining established inventory levels to support business objectives.
· Oversee the scheduling of components and raw materials from outside suppliers in order to insure that customer schedules are met, production is not interrupted due to raw/component stock-outs and inventory is kept at optimal levels.
· Monitor production capacities and inventory levels daily (to include Raw, Components, WIP, Finished Goods) and communicate throughout the organization as required to insure sufficient capacities and levels are available to manufacture scheduled product.
· Establishes and monitors the operation of processes and procedures of the organization of materials.
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE FOR THE JOB :
- BS or BA in Operations/Materials/or Supply Chain
- 5 years proven experience in management related area of materials / logistics.
- Solid knowledge in inventory management systems. Working knowledge of ERP systems is essential (Oracle).
- Excellent leadership skills, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relations of cooperation and communication with staff at all levels.
- APICS certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office and inventory programs.
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing
- Leadership and team work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Spanish languages
- 8 years proven experience in management related area
- Project management.
CareFusion Corporation - 22 months ago