The Media Investment Team (MIT) at ORION Capital is responsible for creating and maintaining investment deals across all media platforms. The Media Investment Manager position manages an assigned market list, and is required to meet all expectations of agency partnerships including delivering individual program revenue goals. The Media Investment manager also needs to be able to work, direct, and mentor media specialists and assistant level employees.
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with vendors, IPG sister agencies’ buyers and rep firms.
- Communicate with sister agency buyers regarding new and existing media partners.
- Communicate with rep firms and media partners regarding all questions/concerns pertaining to new and existing partnership.
- Evaluate, negotiate and oversee trade commitments with Vendors, Ownership Groups and Reps pertaining to designated market list. This includes:
- Negotiate new deals and renew existing partnerships for sister agency clients in specific markets
- Responsible for sending and receiving signed Trade Agreements in timely manner
- Responsible for communicating with assistants regarding trade owed and reaching out to media partners when applicable
- Support assistants when vendors are not sending cash/trade contracts or invoice revisions
- Responsible for all tracking and maintenance of Investment Packages pertaining to designated market list. This includes:
- Retain investment packages from stations with appropriate information needed for Client Services (i.e. ratings, traffic contract, log deadlines, flight dates, programming)
- Liaise with Client Services for any questions/concerns
- Enter orders into MBOX and send to media partner
- Send updates to maintain Investment Invoice Information Spreadsheet
- Responsible for Market Strategy in various designated markets
- Evaluate and assist strategy of market partnerships for ORION and sister agencies
- Look at billings and relationships to determine best partnerships in the market.
- Negotiate and assist new and ongoing partnerships for all clients
- Responsible for Market Maintenance in various designated markets
- Responsible for renewing investment deals with current partner stations
- Responsible for placing/tracking the new investment packages
- Answering any questions and/or concerns of current partner stations
- Responsible for tracking Trade Owed for assigned market list for ORION and sister agencies
- Evaluate and analyze trade status (based on month sister agency reports/based on Assistant & Specialist feedback)
- Contact and monitor trade status throughout each month
- Maintain and continue to develop station relationships
- Communicate with sister agency Buyers/Supervisors when necessary
- Responsible for assisting SVP media investments with designated market
- Evaluate and analyze current running cash and trade invoices
- Generate and follow up with all agency signed contracts
- Responsible for placing/tracking investment packages
- Answer any questions and/or concerns of current partner stations
- Assign and oversee various Media Investment Specialist sales projects
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of media experience in sales and marketing
- Organizational skills a must.
- Strong negotiating skills important
- Having deep ties in the media community including agencies and media companies at a high level is a plus.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint a must)
- Experience with MediaBank and Salesforce is a plus
- Trade Related experience is an advantage
- Strong follow-up, communication, and organizational skills required