This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of MultiVu’s Audio/Video Operations Center (AVOC) ; including managing media technicians, maintaining video and audio equipment such as video routers, VTRs, audio equipment and media storage servers; as well as researching and implementing new technologies to increase productivity across departments. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Maintain, troubleshoot and install media server software and their services.
Maintain video and audio equipment.
- Monitor, restart and troubleshoot services in Windows 2008 Server
- Manage Media Server software (MXF Server, Omneon Media Grid or similar)
- Manage transcoding server farm (Flip Factory or similar)
- Physically install new servers in racks.
- Troubleshoot network and connectivity issues.
- Patch and route VTRs and audio equipment the AVOC
- Troubleshoot video and audio signals issues in the AVOC
- VTR maintenance.
- Recruit, train, motivate and review staff to ensure constant growth for employees, department and company
- Cross train employees to cover resource shortages
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for department workflows
Video & Audio experience
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2003.
- Experience with Mac OS X technologies.
- Comprehension of enterprise level networking
- Experience testing and developing digital media workflows
Management and Communication skills
- Knowledge of HD/SD SDI, Composite and component signals.
- Comprehension of digital video technologies, codecs, bitrates and file formats such as Quicktime, DNxHD and MXF
- Knowledge of NLE editing software such as Avid, FinalCut Pro, Premiere
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
At UBM plc, we invite you to be part of an organisation that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and to being a responsible, sustainable business. UBM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate motivation and desire to learn new skills and technologies
- Must be able to accept instruction and acknowledge unfamiliarity with tasks
- Experience managing employees
PR Newswire is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content to all their key audiences.
Phone: +1 201 360 6000
UBM - 12 months ago
Corporate communication is the language this company speaks. PR Newswire Association is a leading distributor of corporate news and public...