Description/Job Summary Act as a program manager for CEA staff, the association, volunteer leaders at the division board, committee or working group level, and members of the assigned product divisions, councils and working groups.
Function as manager for Divisions and Division Boards and, as needed, for committees, Councils, discovery and working groups. Coordinate, schedule and organize meetings, develop agendas, and provide facilitation, direction, clarification and mediation
Act as an “industry advocate” to represent the needs and interests of Divisions and CEA members at the industry and market level and within CEA. Identify and understand industry categories, including determining their needs, issues, emerging technologies,
and marketplace trends, and consult with CEA staff to develop internal and external consensus on issues. Attend industry trade shows, conferences and events.
Understand and implement CEA strategic goals set forth by CEA management and volunteer leaders to promote the growth and success of CEA and the industry.
Establish short- and long-term goals along with action agendas for the Divisions and Division Boards that include timelines for the development and implementation of strategic programs, projects and activities.
Facilitate, direct and coordinate initiatives and activities of CEA staff related to communication, promotion, marketing, conferences, CES, market and consumer research, government affairs, membership benefits and affinity programs.
Work with Membership team to create recruitment and retention plans through direct mail campaigns, phone calls, company visits and participation at trade shows and industry events.
Other duties as required by business needs and assigned by the department head.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Must have good human relations and customer service skills; be service oriented and relate well to people at all levels of employment. Should be a team player with consensus building skills.
- Must be a strategic thinker and problem solver, who demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp and analyze ideas and concepts.
- Is organized, pays attention to details and provides good follow-up.
- Possesses member conflict resolution/mediation and facilitation skills.
- Is computer literate and willing to embrace and use new technology.
- Demonstrate capability to sell intangibles.
- Demonstrates an ability to lead teams.
- Must be able to travel.
- 4-6 years of appropriate work experience including membership/service experience, and program management.
- Previous association, consumer electronics industry, or sales and marketing experience a plus.
Required Education Undergraduate degree preferably in business, marketing or related field.
Develop and maintain annual operating budgets for Divisions and associated member groups typically in the order of $20K-$50K each. Exercise fiscal responsibility at CEA staff and division board level for allocation of division and/or subdivision discretionary
Consumer Electronics Association - 19 months ago