Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career.
We are in the process of building a world class Accounting and Finance organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking accounting and finance professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
Manager, Merchandising Finance
Orchard Supply Hardware is looking for a Manager, Merchandising Finance that will work within the Finance organization. The Manager, Merchandising Finance is responsible for achieving sales and profit objectives, working in conjunction with the Merchant and Merchandise Planning teams. Responsibility includes management of pricing process and analysis. Manage and develop pricing analyst. Scorecards performance against plans and quantifies expected deviations (opportunities and risks) to the original plan/budget. Consistently works to improve current processes and provide more efficient and accurate data analysis.
· Continuously monitors current pricing compared to competition through price shops, internet and merchant feedback and ensures Orchard is within current pricing strategy. The manager is responsible for making pricing recommendations based on elasticity analysis.
· Provides reporting on key Merchandising metrics and trends. Focuses on continual improvement of reporting for maximal efficiency and usefulness. Quantifies and understands Merchandising strategies and tactics, including those associated with promotions, pricing, and assortment.
· Proactively identifies deviations (opportunities and risks) from the original plan or budget through frequent analysis of sales and margin data.
· Supports the development of new Merchandising initiatives, including business case and ROI analyses.
· Identifies areas of opportunity to improve internal merchandising processes.
· Project management, including design, development, process mapping, testing, and training.
· Creates strong relationships with merchants, as well as with key business partners in other functional areas of the Company.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance is required, MBA is preferred
· 5-10 years experience in financial planning and analysis, experience in retail analytics is a plus
· Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
· Strategic and conceptual thinking skills
· Ability to focus on and prioritize critical issues and activities
· Strong planning, organization and project management skills
· High-level expertise in Excel and Access
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
· Entrepreneurial spirit
· Strongly self-motivated and ability to work independently to keep priorities and projects moving
Desired Abilities and Competencies:
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage effectively in a changing environment
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment
· Ability to drive positive change
· Hunger for learning and growth
· High Energy
Orchard Supply Hardware - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...