Manager, Mortgage Lending Operations
Successfully oversees and administers the Mortgage Lending operations in support of the Mortgage sales efforts of the Credit Union. Ensures compliance with state and federal lending laws and investor guidelines. Develops and manages systems and processes that streamline the mortgage sales effort and exceed member expectations. Monitors and analyzes economic conditions affecting underwriting and recommend appropriate product design and pricing.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Sets productivity and service goals for the department. Manages the performance of the staff through effective coaching, training and performance appraisals to achieve established goals and service levels.
- Serves as subject matter expert and escalation point for staff and members regarding complex loans.
- Researches and resolves member loan disputes/complaints in a timely manner and communicates results to members verbally and/or in writing to ensure loan quality, member satisfaction, and appropriate resolution of issues.
- Collaborates effectively with other Managers for the purpose of seamless, coordinated and efficient product sales and delivery. Ensures that Mortgage Lending Operations staff partners effectively with the Outside Loan Officers, Express Sales, and Branch and Loan Servicing staff.
- Ensures timely assignment and decision on loan requests and thorough follow-up as appropriate.
- Identifies and implements systems and procedures that improve efficiency, cost effectiveness and member satisfaction through continually streamlining the mortgage process and expediting closings while maintaining compliance with internal and external underwriting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for accurate, timely and compliant administration of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (S.A.F.E. Act)
- Acts as system administrator for loan processing systems, making effective use of internal IT resources and vendor resources. This includes updating the systems in line with process, procedure or policy changes, tracking quality, and gathering data from the system to be used for management reporting, and monitoring approval ratio and credit quality.
- Assists in development, testing, implementation and support of software applications and other projects that involve loan underwriting.
- Develops, analyzes, and completes monthly reports to track and monitor production and profitability against stated objectives against established standards.
- Reviews Loan Policy and Procedural Manual for necessary revisions; makes recommendations for change to ensure current lending policies and procedures are accurately documented and disseminated to appropriate credit union staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience.
3 - 5 years prior experience as Mortgage Processing Manager/Supervisor in a financial institution
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to interpret and understand RESPA, FNMA, and investor guidelines and regulations.
General knowledge of mortgage loan underwriting, products, processes, procedures, and regulations.
Knowledge of mortgage principles and techniques.
Space Coast Credit Union - 23 months ago
Space Coast Credit Union (SCCU) is a member-owned cooperative with nearly 65 branches in the Sunshine State. Membership is open to all who...